Saturday 13 February 2021

From SimonG: A Shaman for The Shrine (27 points)

Mixing it up in religious terms my next Chambers of Challenge offering is Tlahuicole the Shaman. 



Once again this is a Ludus Magnus Studios Black Rose Wars player character and a 38mm PVC figure. Casting is pretty good and unlike the ladies he has a realistic body shape and scale.





My main approach in this case was to avoid any metallics and work in different types of wood, leather and jade. Im pleased with how the jades came out using a wide variety of green highlights plus gloss varnishes. 





I'm still working on my faces and skin tones -- I guess this takes time! The eyes of this magic user however are glowing with the serious earth energy he is channeling!




Anyway hope you enjoy him -- should be good for another 27 points (20 for chamber and 7 for the figure)

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, he’s also supposed to have face tattoos but I think they would have just come out looking like I made a mistake 🙈

      Delete
  2. Nice painting a Simon, agree that jade came out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Phil, after painting lots of English HYW archers I’ve lain in a good stock of greens 🦜

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks -- it helps sometimes to set limits and try and work within them rather than throw in the kitchen sink! Again great how the AHPC gets you trying all sorts of new things

      Delete