Friday 7 January 2022

From TomG - A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That (Babylon 5) (Istvaan V) - 143pts

What better way to start the new year than with my favourite war, battle, King and model company?! Welcome 2022 and all of you lovely people to my rendition of King Henry V from Perry Miniatures, a suitably regal header to this article. 


I've studied the Hundred Years War since I started university, and it never ceases to inspire and entertain me, be it the bloody battles, or the political swaying that took part on all sides. Gruesome murders, plots, plagues, music, joy, you name it, it happened! 


Below we see Henry V in situ with a group of Knights that were painted 3 years ago, ready to take on the deceitful and ignorant French forces of DaveS, my local and loyal hobby buddy! 


I know that historically Henry was said to have been on foot, but for easy recognition on the gaming table, you can't say no to a bit of fun anachronism. 

Next up is my first entry to the ACW Duel, with two stands of Epic ACW Union by Warlord Games, entirely painted with GW Contrast Paints. A fun and fast experiment which is working out as well as is to be expected! 

Although I could have put in a fair amount more variety, knowing I have thousands of them to paint, meant I needed to hasten my efforts, so variety was the spice I had to remove. But I think you'll agree they still look fine for a game. 

Now to my space fairing holiday on "Curt's Constellation Cruises" and a great evenings watching of some low budget horror movies as we orbit Babylon 5, with obligatory groaning from both the mummy... and the crowd. 

This wonderful chap is from Crooked Dice and their pulp range of minis, specifically from a villains set they ran as a kickstarter a few years ago. Although 28mm he stands much taller than your average figure, so he really suits the role of baddie. 

And as we leave Babylon 5, we arrive at the desolate wasteland of Istvaan V, and my offering of an Imperial, "loyalist" Sister of Battle, as well as being a sacrifice for a ticket on Sarah's Star Yacht, hopefully taking me over to Arda, pretty please. 

I took colour inspiration from my favoured NFL team, the Minnesota Vikings, sporting their iconic purple, white and yellow. Conveniently they also work together for a groovy scifi feel, on one mean Sister... of Battle.

So there you go, one King, 40 Union infantry, a mummy and a Sister of Battle, all bringing me a tidy packet of points:

1x Mounted 28mm = 10pts
40x 15mm Infantry = 80pts
1x 28mm Infantry + Challenge Bonus = 25pts
1x 28mm Infantry + Challenge Bonus = 25pts
Total = 140pts

Finally, my current journey on Curt's Constellation Cruises, with projected final leg on the Outer Ring. After that, it's time to adventure onwards and inwards! 

Take care and farewell! 

Tom. 

From DaveD

Tom now that is an eye candy treat for Friday morning. I love King Henry - though pretty sure i can just hear Dear Sir Larry! The epic ACW are indeed looking epic , well done. With a little minion bonus for the King and big mummy I  make this 143!

30 comments:

  1. There is lots to like here, but my favorite are the boys in blue, whether there is variation or not. Very nice. And the Sister of Battle looks cool in her sporty uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ACW lads look terrific. Which colours did you use for the blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used Talassar Blue and Ultramarines blue from the GW contrast range.

      Delete
  3. What an impressive work! The Henry V my favourite but all are excellent

    ReplyDelete
  4. The king is great, but I hope we get to see thousands of those ACW troops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great variety pack. Love King Hal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great package of diverse minis. The King is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I felt I had to do him justice 😁

      Delete
  7. Great mixed bag of figures, Tom! :)

    Just to note, the Sister of Battle you've submitted for Istvaan V can't also be for a trip on Sarah's Star Yacht - that needs to be a separate female figure, but you will get 20 bOnus points for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I better find a new lady to get painted ASAP! Thank you for the heads up, I feel like I've forgotten how to do all of this in the space of 10 months 😂

      Delete
  8. Some spectacular work here, good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice work. Quite a mix! Love that Mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great painting and quite the variety.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fine King Hal Tom! And got to love all those different scales and styles

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a really nice assortment Tom! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Splendid king Hal,nice ACW chaps and a great sister of battle!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a beautiful King Hal, wowzers. I also love the Mummy figure - very evocative (and great skintone).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Henry figure, I'll have to get him myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He and the pack he comes in is great, I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  16. So much to like here! I really like your Sisters of Battle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm relieved people like her as she started to frustrate me, simply because I kept on finding more and more details 😁

      Delete
  17. Super mixed entry there Tom, that King Henry unit is ace, in fact they all are 👍

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  18. Superb skills! It would be remiss of me not to leave my comment without "A Henry! A Henry!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very well done on all of them! That Henry fella looks magnificent on his white stallion (or is it a mare?)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks very nice in particular Henry and his supporting knights!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  21. terrific additions to the collection

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete