Wednesday 23 February 2022

From RayR - Krypton/Superhero - The Phantom (25 points)

 


I've finally made it onto my last planet on the Quadrant Map.
Krypton: Superhero


Well he looks like a Superhero to me? What do you think Greg?


From the first Comic Strip May 28th 1939




I bought the figure several years ago from the now defunct Avolak Castings. It was sold as The Spectre.
He's been sat in a box waiting for Curt to do a Superhero bonus round all this time.


I've not used my pot of purple paint very much, apart from on my Ottomans.
It was great to scrap the crust off the top!


So with this post I make it into the centre of the quadrant and await my punishment from the Snowlord.

Nice and easy on the points on this one.

5 points for the figure
20 points for the Bonus round
 
***
 
A super-hero? Sure...looks like one to me. I have never heard of "The Phantom", or known his history apparently dates to 1938? Here I was thinking that this guy's formative moment came when he was exposed as a young man to Keir Starmer giving a speech on "personality", causing him to blackout while his brain turned to mush, and when he woke up, he was clad only in purple tights, a victim of unknown military experiments...

So yes, you get 25 points, and have achieved the core of a Challenge Quadrant! Well done. 

GregB

23 comments:

  1. Nice Phantom, Ray! A true superhero in my books, no strange powers or anything like that. You have captured him well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry for Krypton Ray! Your purple paint pot should get more attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Phantom, with the power of ten tigers!!! Who doesn't love the Billy Zane film of this character, guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty fabulous shade of purple, I must say. Smashing job, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Phantom, Ray. The purple is very vibrant and suits the comic book origin of the model.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The"Ghost who walks" nice job, Ray! That purple is spot on! Need some adversary poachers and gun runners for him to fight now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man I like the hue of the purple you painted here Ray, great one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grape results Ray, love the purple and the striped trunks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking superhero!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you really a superhero if you need a pistol? Certainly I won't doubt your superhero powers when it comes to painting, well done.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was such a big fan of the Phantom back in the day. Great work.

    ReplyDelete