Tuesday 6 December 2022

Behold my creative mess - by PeterB

In the words of the Jedi Knight, Hello there! I am Peter, otherwise known as the author of the little read blog Playing With Lead. (Seriously, like ten people read it, well maybe twenty.) I have been playing wargames since my teens, although these days due to being busy I paint more than play, although my youngest does encourage me to cover the dining table in the green felt on occasion and get the dice trays out.
Last year was my first painting challenge where I enthusiastically beat my original target. Then spent the rest of the year looking forward to this year.
Prep work is still ongoing ready for the start of the challenge for myself (models are laid out post primed out in the cold or still in transit from manufacturers) so you will have to make do with a shot of my "painting tray" that is ceremoniously moved each night from the sideboard to my table to start painting once I finish work. The precarious state of the tray is an indication of how much of a squirrel/butterfly I am with my hobby.

14 comments:

  1. Creative messes are the best! Well met again, Peter, and you’ll have at least one extra reader for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Of course sheepishly noticing he had already been following this rather nice blog all along….)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your patron. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, it's from the Works. I'm pretty sure I only use about four of those brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hobby area looks... compact. Looking forward to see your output.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is, I spread out a bit when in use. Space is limited however, so everything has to have its own tidy, secure storage once it is painted.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the post, Peter! Like you, I find that the state of chaos of my painting surface directly correlates to how much fun I'm having with the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol judging by your desk Peter you and I are on the same creativity page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see paints but not much space left for painting LOL I will sign up to your blog. Mine has been neglected for two years already after shifting heavily to Twitter... but with the recent Musk-induced turmoil I have decided to resurect my blogging activity taking advantage of the Challenge. See you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s my kind of messy desk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Messy desk = productive desk, looking forward to your work.

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes Peter, that's just an efficient way of using space!

    ReplyDelete