Wednesday 8 February 2023

From TeemuL: Bandit [Limo] (25 points)

"I mentioned Fangorn and Huorns earlier, didn't I? Unbeknownst to most, there are some bandits in the Fangorn, too. A bit like that jolly bunch in Sherwood forest. I can't imagine how Murin and Drar would not meet them and get into all kind of troubles and adventures there. This is an adventure film after all. She is one of the bandits, we will be travelling with her while we are moving to the "Blue" zone in the Studios and take some input from the Superheroes movies. Murin and Drar are kind of superheroes, aren't they? They will be, that's my plan. Superheroes is very profitable movie industry, rebooting every ten year or less, at least half a dozen movies for each sprint, couple of spin-off movies and TV shows. It is a gold mine, people just love familiar experiences feeded with supernatural speed to their brain and it will only make them want more!"


I've been rather busy recently, last week I rushed my minis just before the deadline and was left with practically no wip minis on the table. In addition I was away for weekend (traditional boardgames, beer and boys weekend event including sauna) followed by mandatory hang-over and tiredness and all the things I still do outside the hobby universe. So, only one mini this week, but at least I managed to continue posting something every week.


This miniature is a Mithril M194, Female Bandit from Fangorn range. I chose greens and browns and greys and other similar colours suitable for Bandits and Fangorians, a bit of purplish pink to spice her up. All done by Citadel Contrasts.

This should provide me a nice ride to Superheroes studio, I really tried, but according to my map, I can't get there by walking so another 20 point Limo ride is needed...


5 points for the 28mm model and 20 points for yet another limo location.


Minion Miles: Another great submission - I like the shading on the green cloak.

23 comments:

  1. Just can't keep out of the sauna can you? I saw on a travel show this week there's even a Burger King with its own sauna in your neck of the woods! ;-) Another great entry Teemu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! I guess it would be easier to name places where there are no saunas. :)

      Delete
  2. That's a terrific looking mini and smashing paintjob, Teemu. I'm glad you had a good spell of R&R with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Curt! It is a nice mini indeed and I think I managed to catch the "feeling" of it.

      Delete
  3. Splendid looking female bandit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bandit, Teemu! Good job getting something posted despite life getting in the way 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is the life and mid-Challenge crisis, I guess. I hope to get back on track next week.

      Delete
  5. I really like the colour scheme .. very forestry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Miles! The Contrasts do wonders sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Teemu, that green is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that green works well. I use it for Rohans, too. It is Militarum Green by Citadel Contrast.

      Delete