Sunday 4 February 2024

From EdwardG - A quartet of 6mm redcoats (History Section - 130pts)

 Hej hej all, 

Having been languishing at the bottom of the table for a while now, I'm happy to finally be able to show what I've been working on! Due to family commitments my painting time is very limited. At best I get about 10min before work starts, and perhaps the odd dot of paint can be added during a particularly tedious meeting. So it has taken over a month to get these chaps done, compared to the couple of weeks that it might have done once! 

My main target for this challenge has been to work on my two main 6mm projects; the Allied forces at Quatre Bras (hopefully eventually Waterloo!), and the UK 3rd Armoured Division in 1985. The Allied forces have been shown in previous challenges, and I'm not far off now. Funnily, I've only got the British 3rd Division still to go. This also being my 3rd challenge, I'm hoping it's going to keep being lucky!

For the first formation of the 1815 project is the British 5th Brigade, commanded by Major-General Sir Colin Halkett K.C.B. Composed of Peninsula vetern battalions, the brigade contained the 2/30th, 1/33rd, 1/69th, 2/73rd battalions. These chaps had an unlucky time of it on the real day. Having arrived at the field about 5pm, they were caught in line by French cuirassier. The 69th having the ignominious loss of their King's Colour, to add to the substantial number of casualties. They were the only ones to ever suffer such a fate while under Wellington. 

To add to the submission I've also managed to paint up the Divisional Artillery (Lloyd's Battery RA and Cleeves' Battery KGLFA King's German Legion), some skirmishers and the Divisional command stand of Lieutenant-General Count Sir Charles Alten KCB and ADCs. 

In addition, I'm claiming the Historical section bonus, as 1815 is pretty historical.

Now for some photos. As before, sorry for the quality, I'm reduced to taking snaps on the phone at the painting desk (which is also the working desk!)

The British 5th Brigade








For points, I'd score the following:

Infantry: 160 x 6mm foot = 80pts

Skirmishers: 12 x 6mm foot = 6pts

Artillery: 6 x (1 gun + 4 crew) = 18pts

Commanders: 6 x 6mm mounted = 6pts

Section bonus - History section bonus = 20pts

Total = 130pts!!

Also entry into the Really Little Guys and Napoleonic duels! 

I'm on a business trip to Tokyo in a week, for a week. Rather whirlwind travel plans, but the hope is a few jetlag sleepless nights in a hotel and I'll have some more minis to show when I return!

Best,

Ed 😀


Ed, how the heck do you see these guys and get so much details on them! I struggle with the 8mm marines for Epic, but these are historical 6mm! Insane work here! And a great bomb of points to go with it all! Wonderful work here!

130 pts for you!
Kyle

14 comments:

  1. Splendid looking teeny tiny Napoeonics, terribly impressive!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice; love the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing stuff! You've packed a lot of detail into something so small and the banners really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Ed. I love the big colourful standards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mass units look great. Amazing job painting something that small.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a marvelous looking force, well done.

    Have fun in Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work! Can't imagine the effort with your shcedules

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work, Ed! Like Kyle said, lots of details on these small guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent wee troops Ed. The mass effect is great and you’ve put great detail into these veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent work on such small scale. Love all the details and great basing. Like Curt I really like those standards

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great detail on these tiny dudes Ed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Ed - I love 6mm Napoleonics and these are very well done and nice big units

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work on the 6mm here. It is a tricky scale to get eight and not go crazy with!

    ReplyDelete