Friday 16 February 2024

From KentG: 28mm English Civil War Parliamentarian cavalry (240pts)


Well I didn’t think I was going to get anything else completed
This week, foolishly instead of completing a set of Napoleonic cav I 
Had already started on I started a bunch of ecw cav instead
Stayed up till 12 pm last night and the got back up at 5.30am 
This morning to try and finish them, here is three of the 4 regiments of
Parliamentarian cavalry

Some light cav to start with, all the cav are 28mm 
Warlord games figures



The cuirassiers are one of my favourite s in this batch
They are metals figures on plastic horses



The dragoons are also metals on plastic horses
Whoever sculpted these just didn’t know where to stop with 
All the extra stowage




Points
24 x 28mm cavalry =240pts


From Millsy: Quite the force of cavalry you have here Kent and although they are Parliamentarian and are therefore the "bad guys" I still love them. The horses are just wonderful, right down to the details like socks and muzzles, and the rich red of the coats on the dragoons really pop against the blue facings. Great work mate and a decent sized addition to your points tally.

22 comments:

  1. Very tidy work on these chaps. I've always had a soft spot for the ECW's most famous regiment of cuirassiers, Haselrig's Horse, aka The Regiment of Lobsters. I still have a box of them languishing in the Pile of Shame.

    Pay no attention to Millsy's political analyses, he is a diehard Royalist and probably a Jacobite into the bargain. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Evan, they just look great in all their armor don't they, I might be able to appease Millsy as I have about 50-60 renegade miniatures cavalry sitting in front of me and maybe could do a Royalist set

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Martin really want' sure I'd get anything across the line

      Delete
  3. Those are well done Kent, Warlord cavalry are a notch above their infantry I think and you've shown them off nicely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou and I have to agree, I don't really like their infantry, I do have one box sitting around here somewhere thou

      Delete
  4. Fantastic work on the Calvary. Definitely worth losing sleep over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was either lose some sleep on nothing as it was I had to use my wife's new hair dryer, and even then one unit the basing was wet when I very very carefully painted it

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Sanders, this army has a long way to go before it's finished so plenty more to do yet

      Delete
  6. Lovely work. Great horse painting, a task that is always thankless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite things to do is paint horse which is lucky for me as this challenge I'm trying to make a small dent in the pile of boxes of cavalry I have.

      Delete
  7. Great looking mounted units. Like Millsy I like the horses and those dragoon coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if I can get these figures that are in front of me undercoated I have a pile more, and Thanks

      Delete
  8. Two of my favourite war gaming subjects: cavalry and ECW. I love it!😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, and I'm loving your work on the Bloody miniatures range

      Delete

  9. Superb Roundhead cavarly, Kent. Such lovely brushwork, mate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers Curt, I have one more unit of warlord games figures the a whole heap of renegade miniatures which even though they are huge are so very nice.

    ReplyDelete