Tuesday 27 February 2024

From: MarkB: Hunting Monsters -Local History - The Challenge Library (55pts)

 

Hi all,

I am continuing to paint up miniatures to do some monster hunting. These 6 28mm miniatures are from Bloody Miniatures and are very good. I took 3 miniatures from there dismounted dragoons and 3 miniatures from there looting pack to make up this group of Monster Hunters. 

 
These are ECW sculpts but I am using them to represent soldiers from the Kalmar War which took place here in Sweden from 1611-1613, this is the time frame that the Monster Hunting will take place. (Local history)




The War was fought between Sweden and Denmark and was the first war that Gustavus Adolphus fought in and learned from. The colors for the uniforms come from two units of the Swedish Army.





The dragoons are painted to represent the Robert Haswell company. The other miniatures, in brown, are painted to represent members of the Per Måsson's Västergötland Company. 

















I also painted up some scatter terrain for the monster hunting game. I have painted up 8 graves that can be placed as needed. I am not sure how many points I will get for them but I am hoping for 5 points.








 

I plan to get back to painting 6mm miniature armies now that I have what I need to start hunting monsters.

For the points I came up with:

6 x 28mm miniatures at 5 points each = 30 points

The Challenge Library entry for local history = 20 points

And the 8 graves scatter terrain = 5 points? 

Total = 55 points



Have a good week. Skål


Great work, Mark! Let's hope your monster hunters will not end up in your graves, nice though they are! I had not heard about the Kalmar War before, you always learn something new during the Challenge. The figures look great, full of character, and I like the grey and brown uniforms with the buff leatherwork. It is nice and sunny here, spring is in the air, and I really don't feel up to doing the complex cubic calculations for the scatter terrain, so I'll take the easy way out and go along with your suggestion;-). Well done, 55 points it is then!

Martijn

11 comments:

  1. Great work, love those Bloody Minis. The Danes and Swedes seem to fight as much as the English and Scots

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Placed as needed" - that doesn't sound sinister at all! Great work Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a 17thC monster hunting game. Superb stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely painted Bloody minis look good on any table. Enjoy the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Rob, I really like the whole concept of a 17th century monster hunting game set in Scandinavia. (Love the fella taking a mid-battle glug before loading.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice figures Mark. I really like the look of Bloody Miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The monster hunters are great, but I really like the graves. Very.nice. 3d prints? Scratch built? From the local store?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice- I like the yellow leather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work. I like the blue socks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent painting and miniatures. The graves will do nicely for hunting all sorts of two legged or four legged monsters.

    ReplyDelete