Thursday 1 February 2024

From MartinC: Quiet Week [Manga] (75 points)

Hi. I've had a quiet week, with a whole weekend of gaming, my Russians fought their 1st battle so no guessing what happened there, and we fought the 1st battle of a Norman invasion of Britain - lost again but the Normans had a pyrrhic victory and I'll kick their arse next time.

So not much time for painting but I have done some.

1st up a small unit if US Cavalry circa 1900. No clue who made them but they will fit into a Back of Beyond campaign

No much to say about these really

The shirts were painted Andrea Blue and then given a blue wash, I really like the effect

Next up my Manga entry. It's not a field I'm an expert in but generally it is sexualised female leads in skimpy schoolgirl or sailor uniforms, brightly coloured hair and ridiculous weapons. Well I'm not searching the internet for Japanese schoolgirls, I'd never get any painting done. I did want to paint Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by The Flaming Lips, as it's one of my favourite songs, but schoolgirl uniform problem.

Hasslefree are my go to site for sexy female warriors. 

I think she fits the bill, in her silver catsuit, orange hair and blue sword.

Scores on the doors

US Cavalry
10x28mm infantry = 50

Manga
1x25mm figure = 5
Manga Libray section = 20

TeemuL: Your cavalry looks good, Martin. I bet they will perform as well as your Russians in their first game... But at least you are painting and playing with your toy soldiers, so that is a good thing. I myself managed to play 5 games last year and not a 1 this year... But back to you, I seem to wander a lot today. Yes, the cavalry looks good and I'm with you on the Manga experience, so I'll accept your description and production. Hasslefree does some very sexy female warriors, I have bougth some, but not recently - ordering process to get something from UK to EU is just so painful, slow and complicated. The blue sword and orange hair work nicely with the silver, great colour choices.

30 comments:

  1. Great US Cavalry, Martin, and your family friendly manga girl is looking good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Martin, hope that you have better results on table. Remember to clear your browser history…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, yes my browser history only has geology and bible class sites

      Delete
  3. Good looking Manga girl and nice US troops with their Norwegian rifles!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great looking chrome-silver effect on your manga heroine's bodysuit Martin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely catsuit. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great entry Martin. Love the chrome catsuit (Emma Peel would approve). I agree, that track by the Flaming Lips is awesome. As a counterpoint check out 'Tank' by Seatbelts if you get a chance (Cowboy Bebop theme). Rockin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers Curt. Watched the show and enjoyed the theme, the show less so. Glad you like the Flaming Lips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live action or the original animated series?

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's sh*t. If you have the time I really recommend the original animated series. It really is very good (groundbreaking when it was released).

      Delete
  8. Excellent cavalry and love the color and wash. The silver clothed mini I have no idea where comes from or represents, but is finely done. Well done Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hasslefree do such good female sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love them and own alot of them, although only the clothed ones, I'm not some weird incel.

      Delete
  10. you made me laugh with this post, I hope you didn't research to hard on the manga, I looked at the library there and thought no idea what that is, and now that i do, quite sure i have no figures that fit this, to funny, great painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I actually know more than I said about manga. I watched a lot of studio Ghibli moves on Netflix, spirited away, howls moving castle etc. Its not manga but nerflix thought that is what I wanted so flooded my profile. Had to set up a new profile

      Delete