Thursday 1 February 2024

From KentG: 18mm Westphalian AB miniatures unbased (108pts)

 For this post we have more of the 18mm AB miniatures painted as Westphalian's. AB's are so nice to paint they almost paint themselves. I am now in the final stretch of this commission.


first up we have ADC's took a bit to find the right information
 on these and I'm still not quite sure I got it perfectly right




I used the same blue I use for my 28mm French which I think works.




we have 8 x Chevaleger


Next up 4 Guard Du Corps

and then 24 artillery crew and 6 guns



                    Points unbased figures

                   18 x cavalry 4pts each =72pts -(25%) = 54pts
                    24 x foot 2pts each = 48pts (-25%) = 36pts
                    6 x artillery 4pts each = 24pts (-25%) = 18pts
                        
                                                            Total 108pts

From Millsy: More lovely work in 18mm from you mate. I know you don't enjoy these from our discussions but you cannot argue with the quality of your work regardless. Cracking stuff and thanks for doing the math for me! 



9 comments:

  1. Good quality, I'm sure the owner is happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work. 18mm is a tricky scale as there is the expectation of a level of detail you get in 28mm but it is fiddly enough to feel like painting 10mm. You've done well here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. 28mm quality in an 18mm packing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice work on these 18mms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ABs are special - you’ve done a grand job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice work Kent, this lot makes me want to dig out some ABs and start painting them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on those, working on some AB myself

    ReplyDelete