Saturday 3 January 2015

From RobP - First Entry and Happy New Year !! 20mm AB Germans and STUG´s (208 Points)

First Entry and Happy New Year to all Brush Addicts !!

Well there it is then... I finally got around getting some pics made and put my first entry for this years Challenge... Given the hectics at work at year end I am quit pleased with the achievement of getting some painting done at this time in the Challenge.. The last few years it took me until half of January to get something finished..

After annoying the other Dutchmen in the Challenge for over two years to get into 20mm this year they finally gave in... You probably did see already Jakes GI´s and those of MikeF will certainly follow in short time (no hint or push here Mike...).

Because we wanted to play our year end game using Battlegroup Normandy I had to start painting some germans very quickly since the boys had already started.. So at the start of the challenge my goal was clear.. 20mm AB Germans...


Initially I started out getting my colour schemes sorted out.. I had to make sure I did not treat these minis as the 28´s I normally do and loose myself into detail etc... After a few test figure I had it sorted and the production line was operational.. I have decided to use a bit lighter colours than I would normally do for better appearance on the table.. I leave it to you lot to decide if I succeeded or not..


So the first up is a battery of STUG´s.. These are PSC models and took only 5 minutes to assemble. Very easy and provided me with some much needed armoured firepower.



I also painted up an infantry platoon and some support to beat off the doughboys; in total three ten-man sections and a six-man command group plus an artillery observer, a panzerschreckteam and a HMG team.. In total 43 figures.. These will put my first entry at about 208 points in total...


Here are some pics of the platoon and some sections






From Curt:Welcome aboard Rob! It's great to have you with us again this year. These Germans look very fine indeed. Those AB castings are superb and always seem to challenge painters to bring out their best for them, which you certainly have. I particularly like the officer in his softcap, holding the map - I think you've done a great job on his muted camo. 
Now, where is the last member of the Dutch Waterbicycle Detachment...? :) 

17 comments:

  1. A very suitable looking battle worn group, Very well painted. Always good to see some PSC vehicles as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like a nice Stug...and these are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice painting work. Really fine miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on lovely AB figures Rob. The PSCs are a great addition to the gaming community aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still feeling my way through my 15mm, but these are exquisite! The camo on the stugs is really nice! I'm getting almost tempted to snatch up son PSC and battlefront to dabble in FOW with all these great entries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only ever painted (a lot!) of AB Napoleonics. It seems their quality is the same across the board. A great first entry Rob, especially the camo on the StuGs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on these Germans! The camo on these StuGs really came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great painting on both vehicles and infantry alike. Good job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! These look real nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the StuG's and the foot sloggers are lovely

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Besides the officer with the map I really like the LMG gunner with the gun on his shoulder and crossed ammo belts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ab figures - nice - you certainly chose the gold standard for your WW2 project. They all look very fine. Well done. Hope they do well in your Normandy games.

    ReplyDelete