Saturday 3 January 2015

From VincentC - The Witch-King on Horse (10 points)

Keeping with a theme I'm continuing to paint ringwraiths, though I do also have a very different character that I'm half way through for next week. After feeling terrible over Christmas I'm trying to just keep things ticking over whilst I get some hobby impetus back, I also got a bit of a surprise over Christmas which may put a little dent in my free time however I'm still going to push for my 500 points!



Curt asked me what I had left to paint to achieve my goal, which is to have a painted set of models required for the Fellowship of the Ring journeybook, and the list is as follows;

Haldir (unarmoured)
Gildor
Mounted Arwen
Tom Bombadil
Goldberry

Mounted Ringwraiths (2 more remaining)
Ringwraiths on foot (6 more remaining)
Wild Wargs (12 remaining)
Warg Chieftain
Goblin Captain x2
Cave Troll
Balrog
Barrow Wights x4
Tentacles x6
Lurtz
Uruk Hai Captain
Uruk Hai Scouts x10


So that should give you a pretty good idea of what you'll be seeing from my posts over the next couple of months. If by any chance I get that little lot done I'll be working on my Numenor army.

From Curt:Great work Vincent! As with the previous wraiths you've submitted I really like the shading on the Witch King's cloak - it's very nicely blended and subtle. By your list it looks like you have your work cut out for you over the next few months and I certainly look forward to seeing them emerge from your hobby desk. 
Well done! 

23 comments:

  1. Nice work again Vincent, and fairly hard to find figure too, well done. I too have enjoyed the inspiration the Fellowship campaign provided though have drifted a little of track towards the end - I need to get back to making Balins Tomb... I look forward to watching your progress and the growth of your Numenorean army - not one that is often seen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks as always for your comments Scott, I've got another 3 of these older mounted wraiths, I think this one I got for less than £10 on eBay which is practically a steal!

      I've got a small numenorean force tucked away and you can see some examples of how they'll look on one of my older blog posts but I've got elendil and isildur, a handful of swordsmen, 10 or so spearman and 4 bowmen so nothing really to write home about but it's 2 full warbands at any rate.

      Delete
  2. I really like your Ringwraith! He and the horse look fantastic! Really good job on them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely piece of work Vincent :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great LOTR figure very well painted. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cracking mini Vincent. These can look really drab given what they wear but you've really gotten some depth and character in there. Looking forward to seeing more of your LotR stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, I like the darker look they often have but wanted them to still pop, glad I achieved it

      Delete
  6. Oh my, but this is beautiful. You did a splendid job with those black fabrics. There's a silky look to them that can give one a sense of the actual feel of the cloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, thats a very kind compliment and I'm glad the cloth looks so good, it's important when that's almost the only feature of a model I suppose haha.

      Delete
  7. Nice work on that fellow. He certainly cuts a striking figure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic quality painting. As Anne says, the way you've painted the cloth is first-rate. Cracking model.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your Nazgul. They'll really stand out on the table. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all you kind words guys, it's really spurring me on to do some more, I'm looking forward to cracking on with next week's stuff now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always good to see thes so well done

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work Vincent, I echo Anne's comment about a silky look to the cloth. I really like the horse though, nicely sinister!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the shading on the king, really hoping to see lots more of your work here

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice work. The painting of the robes is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic! The shading on the horse and wraith's cloak are really eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great work on the highlighting of the cloak.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with all of the above. What could have been a very drab and dark model is now full of interest and texture. Well done. Hope you feel well and full of painting mojo soon, Vincent!

    ReplyDelete