Saturday 14 February 2015

From TeemuL - Old Orcs (20 Points)

Back to the Oldhammer and Orcs after a quick visit to LotR and High Elfs. I have a quite nice collection of painted arrers so it's time to get some close combat power as well. Here are four classic Orc Warriors with swords and shields.


I really liked to paint those arrers, but these were not fun for some reason. I don't know if the reason is the increased amount of metal studs, more colors or the fact that my Goblin Green paint is both running and drying out. It seemed to take ages to finish these, there well always something I missed or messed up.


It's 5pm here in Finland and the sun has set, so the light is not very good this time. Where I was able to explain the "angled ranking" of the arrers with the wind, I have no excuse for these warriors. As you can see (and some of you remember), they won't rank up nicely. Not even when running away.


These should give me 20 points and with the points from the Hot bonus round I should be very close to my initial target. One more reason (the first one is that I'm running out of green paint;)) to paint the Curtgeld next.

Update, two pictures taken in the midday sunshine:



From Curt:

Ahh, more OldHammer goodness, excellent.  It's great seeing these venerable models getting the love again. I especially like the various shield-boss designs.  If you can Teemu, please take a couple more shots when the light is better and update this post so we can get a better look at them.


10 comments:

  1. Old hammer was really cool when I was young. And for me the truth never changes! It still is cool. I tip my hat to you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like Oldhammer is the future. Really like these Teemu, keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more of these you paint the better your highlights and shadows get. Excellent job on these classics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!
    @Anne: I think the highlights and shadows are mostly due to the bad lightning, but I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Updated the entry with two new pictures taken in the better light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! Much better. Their skin is almost luminescent green! Great stuff.

      Delete
  6. Keep the Oldhammer coming,

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look really good, Teemu! I think your next step as a Painter, will be to try ink washes or ink glazes. I used to paint Orks for 40K, I started with a bit darker green for the skin and added a bit more highlights. Then, when I applied an ink wash over all the 'skin' areas, it would really make the highlights and shadows POP! I think you will really enjoy the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I skipped the inks and washes on these, I wanted them to match to color of my old orcs. :) I might use them on the red areas, but the skin color would probably be "wrong", a bit too dark. Anyway, I need to do some changes in the near future, because the old paint pot is running out.

      Delete