Wednesday 31 January 2018

From AdamC - Anti-Tank bunker (5 Points)


 So this is what I had intended to use as my other BFG.  Assembly took longer than I had expected and life got in the way of painting.  I built this from scratch.  The bunker is made form three plastic bases and some balsa wood. The flank guard barrier is from pressed from core.  Sand bags are putty.


 The door at the back is left over schurzen form an old StuG kit it looks bit like a steel reinforced door (though I see now that the black wash needs to be toned down a bit) the ventilation pipe is was an extra from a Panther kit.


 The Gun barrel is from an old StuG box set that gave you both 75mm and 105mm barrel option.  This is a 75mm barrel. All the bits are from Battlefront kits


  I'm providing measurements here the full bases is about 5x4


The height is a bit less than an inch.  If Ray wants to work out the scoring for this as a terrain piece he may.  I think the simpler approach would be to score this as a 15mm artillery piece plus what ever extra a scratch build (and cheekiness) is worth in they minions generous gaze.

From Ray

Gawd you guys are really testing me today with all these buildings!!!
That's a great bit of kit Adam! Its excellent that its made from old bits and bobs you've got left over from different projects, well done!
I do like the points idea, it sounds good to me, so therefore you'll get 4 points, but I'll add an extra 1 point for the ingenuity of it!

12 comments:

  1. Sound good to me Ray and glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grand bit of scratchbuild .. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bit of scratch building, always nice to reuse!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice scrounging and scratch building Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All wargamers are Wombles by nature, and you've made excellent use of the contents of the bits box - well done Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bunker. Great result. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Useful scenery! I’m sure it will see some heavy fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work on the bunker, Adam! Excellent sourcing of the bits box too!

    ReplyDelete