Tuesday 20 February 2018

From: EricM - WWII Russians and Germans (465 points)

Its been a busy week for me from a hobby perspective.   Thanks to a 3 days weekend I was able to get quite a bit done this week.   I finished up the last of the First Corps World War II Russians.  This week included a couple sub machine gun squads, 2 medium machine guns and an anti tank rifle team.

Here are pictures of the two 12 man sub machine gun squads with supporting light machine gun teams.

Below there are the 2 medium machine gun sections


Lastly the anti tank rifle team.


Here is the full group of Russians


In addition to the Russians this week I was able to move on to some early war Germans.   All the figures are from Wargames Foundry.  I love these figure they are a joy to paint.  Its really great to see 20 year or more old sculpts hold up so well.  Great detail, clean casting and a good variety  of poses.  Whats not to like, oh yeah the cost.  But in my opinion you do get what you pay for with these Foundry figures.

Here are the squads grouped in twos.  The first two pictures are four rifle squads.  I was tempted to paint helmet markings but decided against it since I am planning to use these guys for 1942-1943


The last group of two includes a rifle squad and a sub machine gun squad.



The last picture is the full group picture including the German Platoon commander and his aid.


I was able to finish 93-28mm figures this week.   It was a very focused painting week and I doubt very much it happens again.  I am toward the end of my World War II figures on hand.  I have an order, placed in early January, to Black Tree for more Americans but haven't heard anything from them since my order early last month.  I doubt very much I see them in time so its on to something new for next week.

Hoi Eric, gosh 93 figures in a week that's very good indeed! Nice to see yet another Tuesday crewmember finish an army, your Russians look great. I like the way you've based them a lot. Not only do the bases look good, they are practical and also show the type of miniature upon it. You've done the German up a treat as well, the Feldgrau really came out perfectly fine. You've also gone for a decent mix of weapons as far as I can see and these will surely avail of themselves well on the tabletop. In all: a great entry and I am looking forward to what you come up with next week! Cheers Sander

11 comments:

  1. Great work Eric! What a bomb. I agree, those Foundry models are wonderful. I remember the German FJs being particularly nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great output and painting Eric :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing output and very good quality stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done! Both forces will look excellent on any table. Imho you could well have gone with helmet decals as there’s enough evidence of these still being worn well up to the end of the war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, that's really good to know. I saw some conflicting information and decided leave them off for the entry. I may go back and add them, i think it will add a nice dash of color.
      By the way, I am huge fan of your website. It has proved to be a great source of inspiration in my foray into WWII.

      Delete
  5. Impressive production Eric, excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot of excellent looking figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge amount of painting. Well done. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work...and an amazing output... great painting, Eric!!

    ReplyDelete