Thursday 1 February 2018

From StephenS - Balearic Slingers - 40 points

My first Thursday post and it’s only a small one, but you know, life and all that...

I present two stands of Balearic slingers, based for use in the game Impetus. These eight models are 28 mm metal sculpts from Warlord Games and were very easy to paint up, being mostly cloak or tunic. Though there are only three poses to select from to make the units.



They will see service in my Carthaginian army. I foolishly thought I’d finished the army a while back, but the release of the second edition rules saw several new units added to the army list that now needed to be painted up. Fortunately, nothing was taken away, so there’s a silver lining I guess. For those not familiar with Basic Impetus, lists for the different armies are fixed. Since its’s not a points based system, it’s a matter of painting up the units or fielding an under strength force. So hopefully you will see a few more units hit the blog soon, and my army will be finished, again...


Cheers,

Steve

Welcome the Thursday! These chaps certainly look mighty fine, although what is this “finished” of which you speak? Is it related other incomprehensible words such as  “willpower” and “enough”?

Top notch basing and they certainly look like they’re ready to poke the unwary in the eye!

40 points for these chaps.

12 comments:

  1. Nice slingers, I know in the old basic impetus lists it was more a matter of options, but maybe that was only in WOTR section? You've made them nice and varied in spite of there only being a few poses.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Stephen - I really like how you've done the groundwork on these bases. I've always been a huge fan of the impetus basing system and have tried to replicate it for my various wargaming armies (though never having played Impetus myself).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about the word "Balearic" sounds so lovely...although I doubt getting beaned with a rock from one of these fellows would be any fun at all...

    Great work Stephen - I don't know Impetus at all, but the basing system sure seems spot on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first 25s ever were balearic slingers, although I claimed them as Rhodian when I shifted to Hoplite Greeks. Can't have Cathaginians without em, it just isn't done! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Impetus basic looks very interesting. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Never mind the Balearics...!"

    ...I'll get me coat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just wonderful. Although you mention the limited poses, I would never have guessed it. The painting is great and the basing makes them really come to life. A lovely job - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent little unit of slingers, Steve!
    I like those bases and could see these fellows protecting their sheep as much as covering the flanks of a block of infantry.

    ReplyDelete