Friday 21 December 2018

From JohnM: Some Peasants (20 points)


Someone has to be in charge!
Well it is my IXth Challenge and since I am going to be back and forth over the next couple of weeks, I thought I would get up early and paint some figures. I am not really sure what the cut-off date is for the first submission but best to take no chances.

Anyone who has ever looked at my blog knows that we play a fair amount of SAGA and although I am well provided with warbands, I do need some more terrain as well as some ancillary figures. One common scenario in SAGA is an attack on a Baggage Train or raiding a village and stealing sheep. Well I have the baggage train and some sheep but I have never had any villagers, so I thought I would go ahead and get some.

These come from Gripping Beast and are quite nice. They were primed using the Zenithal Method with an airbrush and then painted using Citadel colours and washes. I like how they came out, nice and simple and a good way to start the challenge.




Well I am off to The Rock tomorrow, the first time I will spend Xmas in my homeland for more than 25 years. You can imagine that I am a little excited. My Old Mam, who 90 this year, is I suspect even more excited as this is the first time she will have all her children and grandchildren for Xmas.

Well Good Luck to all in The Challenge, have a Happy Xmas and a terrific New Year.

_____________________________________

Well John, here we are at Challenge IX. You're the only one other than myself that has slogged through all nine of them, so it's great to have you in the ranks once again. 

Great work on these villagers. They look amazingly perky in light of their lot in life, full of vim and vigour. I especially like the bluff chap on the far right, with the staff over his shoulder - he's looks to be a fella whose going to make a stand and not accept his lot in life. Yep, it won't end well at all.

20 points for you, John. Well done! 

Have a wonderful holiday visit with your family in Newfoundland! We'll see you back in a week or so.

12 comments:

  1. Nice peasants. These will really add some character to your Saga games. Even if they aren't part of a scenario they'll still look great on the table, shaking their fists in anger as the warriors trample their crops and scare their livestock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice set of models, they'all add character to any medieval game

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The peasants are revolting, Sire"
    "Well, the nobles aren't particularly appealing either"

    Nice work John :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work John I look forward to seeing them on the game table. Meery Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work John, gotta have peasants for dark age and medievals. Have a great holiday on the Rock, are you going to NewfieJohn or elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work on your peasants,!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on the peasants, John! Filthy dirty peasants, the mesh well with the terrain. I hope to see some more of that terrain!

    ReplyDelete