Monday 31 December 2018

Welcome to Monday, Farewell 2018

I'm here, bushy eyed and keen tailed on my first day as a minion! It's been a pleasant 40C in my antipodean painting bunker recently, and I am yet to submit my first entry for your consideration.

I've been binge-watching The Crown Season 2 over the last 48h. I squee'd when HM's fixer Tommy Lascelle was shown refighting Salamanca, and pointedly repositioned his troops after Liz had carelessly moved them.
Barks envisions his perfect retirement

I'm heading in to Sydney tonight for New Year's Eve celebrations, I shall report back next Monday. There may be a bit of a delay in getting some posts up, but fear not, all will be done before next year (Canada time).

Happy New Year, everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too, Barks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year mate! I'll also be by the sea for fireworks but I won't have to pay through the nose or beat anyone half to death for a decent view. Remember... the weakest are at the back of the pack :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to a friend-of-a-friend's apartment in Kings Cross, spectacular views across the harbour.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! Cinematic wargaming,most are not sympathetic chaps!(they're all chaps)
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was the mad general in 'Living Daylights', but I can't recall any others.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Curt, same to you and Lady Sarah!

      Delete