Tuesday 29 January 2019

From AlexS - Terrain and Wild West (210 points)

Hello to all! My name is Alex and I from Russia. I recently had depression. Like all normal people, I cry during these depressions, eat ice cream and watch the film "Bridget Jones's Diary" "BraveHeart". And when the depression had passed, I looked at the bucket from under the ice cream.


I decided to make a tower out of this bucket. I like to make terrain of clay, branches and snot [!! Lee] , yes. I made the door, the upper platform.


Then he smeared all the texture paste with sand and left to dry.


At the same time I decided to experiment with different materials and textures of the walls and made two houses and a barn.


Then he made two swamps from the materials that came to hand and painted everything.




I used for roofs a new material - felt. He looks very interesting.


In addition, I bought a napkin on the table from a strange material (most likely a kind of plastic) with an interesting structure in the "low-price Chinese goods store". It resembles a sheath on which clay is applied in some buildings. I think it looks very interesting.


Oh, yes, I also painted some miniatures for my project “Wild West” - they will display citizens and bandits. In addition, I will need a gun, which I also painted. All miniatures, except one - from different sets of production Perry brothers. They look very interesting and atmospheric.


28mm 20 inf x 5 = 100 points
28mm 6 cav x 6 = 60 points
28mm 1 gun x 10 = 10 points
Parallelepiped (Lost in translation? Lee) with sides 6 by 6 by 12 inches, filled with terrains = 40 points

total 210 points



Very innovative use of an ice cream tub... if I could turn the waste from my own bad eating habits into models my house would be overflowing! I have to say your model building skills are excellent and I like your innovative use of the woven napkin to add texture to the broken plaster wall. A nicely earned 210 Points.
Lee

18 comments:

  1. Nice terrain and figures Alex :)

    Hope you enjoyed Bridget Jones! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Alex, "Braveheart" is an excellent movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tower is fab, the mat has worked brilliantly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very good, Alex, some lovely terrain there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bit of recycling, top stuff, always impressed when people take the time to make their own terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That made me laugh! Great work Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic stuff Alex, always look forward to your submissions. And this did not disappoint! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff Alex, I'm not so sure of your modelling materials (SNOT?). And yes Lee Parallelepiped is a valid Euclian geometric term used properly in this case.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallelepiped

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really interesting - and useful - to be taken through the stages of the build in this way. And a great end product.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great recycling to produce some very nice terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely scratch building and nice Western types!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent! Very good painting and brilliant building of terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice scratch-built scenery, well done.
    Don't knock Bridget Jones though, it's a far more historically accurate movie than Braveheart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all very much. I'm glad you enjoyed my humble handicraft. :)

    ReplyDelete