Tuesday 29 January 2019

From RayR - Donnybrook: 25mm Heroes & Villains (50 pts)


My second entry for today and we have 4 x 25mm Commanders, for my Donnybrook shenanigans.


Here we have Bonnie Prince Charlie, from the very new range of figures from Ian over at Flags of War. He's a great sculpt with no flash what-so-ever. I've never bought a figure that fits so snug on his horse.


Charlie boy will be winging his way over to my Dad's figure collection and will join the other figures I've painted for him as pressies over the years. 


Next, we have the ill-fated John Graham, the Laird of Claverhouse, 1st Viscount Dundee or Bonnie Dundee as he is more widely known.


Dundee (not 'crocodile') is another great figure from Reiver Castings and shall lead the lines as a hero in my Highlander Donnybrook games.




Lastly, yet more figures from Reiver Castings, some leftover figures from the Gentleman Horse regt from a few posts ago. These three shall be used as heroes & villains for any of the armies I've painted up so far.


English, French, Irish Jacobite, Scottish Jacobite, Sedgemoor Rebel or Commander or town elder in the wilderness of the America's.


5 x 25 Horse should earn me 50 points?



Five excellent horse will indeed earn you a tidy 50 points to add to the 70 you got earlier today. I like your Bonnie Prince Charlie, it is a very nice looking figure. You allude to one of the benefits of buying figures on the first release, namely reduced flash and mould lines. Inevitably later casts will fit together less well resulting in minor defects which can usually be cleaned off with a bit of effort and a keen eye. Lovely job on these mate. 
Lee 

38 comments:

  1. Prince Charlie is very bonnie indeed. Your figures have the look of delicate porcelain! (Does porcelain make good wargames figures?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it very much Noel. The figures haven't actually got a shine too them. Every pic I take makes them look shiny? Don't know why???

      Delete
  2. These look great. My reiver castings figures not so good, I'd buy these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like Reiver, they're a little bigger than Warfare minis but hey ho, what you gonna do?

      Delete
  3. Nice work on the laddies Ray. Charlie and Clavers still start debates as to whether they are heroes or villains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking work Ray, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Ray.. some of your best I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some splendid work here Ray, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done. The tartan on Prince Charlie looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More great looking Scots!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice indeed, I like the chap in the blue coat best, his expression is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Prince Charlie is magnificent, Ray. Well done.

    ReplyDelete