Friday 11 January 2019

From EricM: Off to a Slow Start-Death Korps of Krieg (50 points)

I am off to a slow start in the challenge this year.  But its better late than never.   Lately I have been pulled into the "new" Warhammer 40,000.  They have done such a great job of reworking the game and there are just too many pretty miniatures to resist.   I have been working on a mix of 40k stuff but for the start of the challenge I went back to an old favorite, Death Korps of Krieg.   Forgeworld makes a great line of these grim guardsmen with a strong World War I flavor.

Here are the guys.  I tried for a french horizon blue look to try to keep them from being too dark.


Next are a few close ups of some of the guys



I was trying for a sense of trench warfare with the basing but I felt like it was too dark with just mud and barbed wire so I added some snow,  I am really not sure if I like it or not.



10-28mm Infantry should be 50 points

Now that we are through the holidays I hope to increase my painting time and hit my goal of 1500 points.  

__________________________________________________________________

What, more French again? Cardinal Biggles, give the rack another turn!

Death Korps of Krieg are usually Germanesque, so the use of horizon blue is a nice touch. It's well executed and not too dark at all. The strip atop the helmet does evoke the Adrian, so I think it works quite well. 

Cardinal Fang . . . fetch FIFTY POINTS!



13 comments:

  1. Great stuff, the basing is really cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work the bring to mind the Chasseurs Alpins and the war in the Vosges durring the Great War...
    Very nice work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, Eric. The choice of horizon blue is inspired. 'In the grim dark future there are only hairy grognards smoking gauloises...'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking guardsmen,I like the horizon bleau uniforms!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent set of figures - the Death Korps are fantastic sculpts, and you have done amazing work here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stuff! I like the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, the blue is an excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always wanted some of these....I really like your color choice on them, they look mighty fine in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look excellent! If I'd do 40k Deatkorps would be my force of choice as well.

    ReplyDelete