Monday 14 January 2019

From ScottM: Goumier & Counterblast (167 points)

My contribution this week will start off with a squad of World War II French Goumier. These 28mm metal figs are from Artizan Designs. The figs seem to be mid-late war with the British helmets and the American officer, but I don't see why they can't be used for early-war battles.


Painting the stripes was very tedious and I can't see myself painting any more of these guys. I'll stick to the regular French infantry!

And now a hard right into the sci-fi world of Counterblast. All of the following 28mm figs are from Bombshell Miniatures and are from their Counterblast pulp sci-fi universe. First up is a trio of Bde Bots and a Bz-R Robot.
Next is a group of four Aggressors from the Mekkus faction.
Also from the Mekkus faction is this trio of Braindrones. Something a number of Counterblast figs have is the plastic 'dome' helmet. I love these and it really makes the figs stand out from other lines' figures.
The next set of figures are from the Edofleini faction. These figs are called Edo Trappers. The pic doesn't really show the contrasting colours very well unfortunately.
Here's all the Counterblast figs together. There will be more in the next few weeks!
That should be 16 Goumier and 17 sci-fi figs x 5 points should be 165 points.

What a cracking and varied entry! I like the stripes on the goumiers, well done- have a couple of bonus points! Your Counterblast figures are, well, a blast! I particularly like the Braindrones. I welcome our new overlords!

Barks

12 comments:

  1. Lovely Frenchies and aliens :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work. I have those Goumier figures, painted mine and Benedictine monks for VBCW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant entry, Scott. Love the Goumiers (brilliant work on the distinctive coats) and those Braindrones are just hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like the aggressors, very Oblivion with Tom Cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top stuff! Really like the Gourmiers especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work on both sets of figures. Those SF figures look very retro. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 50s look of the sci fi figs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some lovely retro-futuristic work there, Scott, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking sci-fi types very forbidden planet! The coats on your French colonial troops, the coats are splendid!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the counterblast figures range and I’ve painted a bunch myself, so I think these look great - can’t beat a brain in a jar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great entry! I really do like those Counterblast figures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow, the French look amazing. I would have lost my mind trying to paint those coats. They are awesome. Well done.

    ReplyDelete