Thursday 3 January 2019

Thursday's Child has far to go, Minion reporting for duty!

Pencils sharpened a new notepad I'm all ready for Thursday! Thursday, gateway to the weekend!
 We already have splendid Austrians, Romans,German Armour and the British paratroopers standing by and who knows what else will arrive as the day wears on?

I've been painting little men since the late 1970's, first for Dungeons and Dragons, then Advanced D&D, Runequest and the like followed by my first go at historical wargaming which no one else was interested in at the time that I knew. This was then followed by a fallow time while I went to Art College in Nottingham ,while I was there GW released Rogue Trader and I couldn't help myself collecting and painting various armies over the years for myself and my nephews who are now all grown up and we play pretty much just historical stuff now.

So relax safe in the knowledge that a ham fisted Luddite will take his hammer to Miles's spreadsheaf number machine, Ah, what could possibly go wrong? Abby? Abynormal? Anyway I'd better go and paint something so that I'm not culled on the 20th of this month!

All the best Iain

20 comments:

  1. Another minion joins the growing throng! Have fun, Iain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Iain, I am sure that you'll do just fine as Thursday's sacrificial offering, ummm Minion. You and Ev seem to have similar ocular disorders - is there a genetic link at play here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the Celtic fringe coming in to play!
      Best Iain

      Delete
    2. Yep, speaking as a person of Scots, Irish and Welsh descent, I am definitely a fringe element.

      Delete
  3. Welcome Iain, and thank you for being our Thursday Minion! I enjoyed reading your hobby bio - another Rogue Trader veteran, awesome. Do you still get in some gaming with your nephews?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt,yes my nephews are who I game with, occasionally we've had some games of Frostgrave with their sons.
      Best Iain

      Delete
    2. That's brilliant. A great way to keep in touch with the family.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I hit him in the head,
      With a great big lump of lead,
      Until I knew that he was dead,
      Well damn your eyes!

      Delete
  5. Welcome on board! It will be fun working with such a good bunch of wargamers! Skål!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! Best of luck with the challenge!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Don't forget to update the points table for the Challenge Roster.

    ReplyDelete