Saturday 9 February 2019

From DaveD - The Savage Seas! (54 Points)

Ok I think i really should have been in the squirrel nutkins challenge - as here is something else very different. Martin C , James,M and I are running a participation game at the upcoming Hammerhead show - so we have gone for something Pulp based  in the South Seas. So here is my contribution of 10 native islanders with pointy sharp weapons! The terrain here I already had and Martin has the rest of the nasties - some of which you saw this week








the table is coming together... 

These are 28mm from Bob Murch Pulp - very nice and clean to paint. I have one more big piece to do for this before the end of Feb

_________________________________________

Yes Dave, you should have signed up for the Squirrel challenge. I must say, this strays a little from your usual path, but still possesses all your usual talent and spirit. Lovely work here. Bob Murch's sculpts are so fun to work on and we can clearly see that you had a great time with these figures. The skin tones are excellent and I really like the design motif on the shields (and I've added a few points to reflect this). I look forward to seeing more work surrounding this project. 

Curt

28 comments:

  1. Great work on the natives. Skin tone looks exactly right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these will do nicely. Had to redo my shields to match yours this morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops .. oh well supposed you getting bored!

      Delete
  3. Nicework Dave. That table looks smashing, with lots of potential after the show. WW2 pacific but also Napoleonics in the West Indies or Mauritius

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta. Oh yes , plenty of options with it... one or two may have crossed my mind!

      Delete
  4. Figures are great, but that terrain really takes the whole thing to another level. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers .. thanks for that , still got more to do on the board

      Delete
  5. Excellent work Dave! Do I see a certain CRISIS-terrain piece there? I'm sure this game will be a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted that man! . I suspect it’s going to be bloody!

      Delete
  6. Excellent work, Dave - will the giant gorilla be ready in time for the show?
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ..Martin has already done it... my little Goose is even bigger

      Delete
  7. Lovely natives with pointy sticks!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great figures, but erm...I cannot see any sharp mango's there mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I think they ae en eaten by martins enououss spiders

      Delete
  9. Very cool figures and shields! That table looks ace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks .. good bit more work to do on it yet.. then it will be wowsers!

      Delete