Saturday 2 February 2019

From MattK: More Uruk-Hai (75.5 points)

For this week I painted more Uruk-Hai and I finally Finished my Colossal Squig.
First for the Isengard force is a banner bearer.
This is one of the metal figures I grabbed in the used bin at a local shop. I'm really happy with how the hand turned out though if I do another banner later in the army, I think I'll try to make it a bit bigger.
Next is a block of 10 pikemen
These are the other half of the plastic box from a few weeks ago. I was less excited painting these but boy do they paint quick.
Finally, here's the centerpiece for my squig army for Age of Sigmar; The Colossal Squig
This guy is HUGE. the base its on is a 120mm oval. The stalagmite are 3d printed from a file I found on thingiverse.
The 11 Uruks net me 55 points but I'm totally at a loss on this beast.

__________________________________________________________________

That is an interesting take on the white hand of Sauruman. More of a wide fingered palm than the usual fingers together you see. Very well done. +10% for the outstretched fingers of Isengard, may they never be pruned.

The squig is ridic! How a gobbo is able to keep that thing in line, I'll never know. Based on the base, it looks to be two 54mm figures tall, so I rated it 20 points. So a well-earned 75.5!

And that looks to wrap up tonight, folks.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the Uruks and that beast is...huge 🙀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice entry, I specially like the standard bearer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very 'orcy' like what you did on that banner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Matt, well done with the hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking uruk hai! The sguig is mad and really well done!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Matt, especially nice work on the banner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff! The Squig is HUUUGE! Love the banner. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love some Uruk pikes! That squig is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one, that Squig is awesome!

    ReplyDelete