Sunday 20 March 2022

From TeemuL: End of Challenge, Start of an army [Mars](60 points)

Photos coming up early my morning, just before Challenge midnight...

Somewhere in the comments sections I mentioned I'll be starting a new game, Flames of War, following a pair of friends. They had chosen late war Germans and US, so I couldn't continue my DAK project. I chose Soviets, since they are a big force, lots of options and involved everywhere.

I ordered a starting force, but while waiting for it, I searched my existing FoW minis, second hand purchase some years ago. They were late war Soviets, too, on-the-side purchase of some fantasy minis, if I remember correctly. Lots of infantry and these five T-34 85s, quite iconic and very common vehicle of WW2. These are resin-metal-combos and no magnet holes for tower. I need to some corrections, because the magnets are bit too thick and tower is now too high...

I painted them dark green and added a simple red star and single number, a design which I found from internet used by a Guard unit in operation Bagration. Simple and easy, too.

Then the planet bonus. I'm from Finland and one of our neighbours is current Russia, former Soviet Union. It has been quite mysterious for a while now as it was while it was Soviet Union. I hope this counts as Mysterious Neighbour and grants me 20 points. If not, I'm ok and already over my target.

5 times 15mm vehicle, 40 points in total and 20 from planet bonus plus 20th Squirrel.



My personal Squirrel count: 20

20mm Napoleonic
28mm Sludge
28mm Pulp
28mm Warhammer 40000 Xenos
28mm General (including Gloranthan) Fantasy
1:300 Cruel Seas
6mm Epic Imperial Fists
28mm ADD Boardgame
28mm Runewars Waiqar
28mm Blood Bowl
28mm Simians
15mm Mid War Germans
28mm Age of Sigmar Sylvaneths
28mm Warhammer 40000 Imperium
28mm Warhammer Fantasy Orcs & Goblins
28mm Lord of the Rings Mordor
10mm Warmaster Undead
28mm Late 15th Century Italians
28mm Pathfinder
15mm Late War Soviets

________________________

Haha! Fabulous work Teemu. I like in your final post you start a new project. What a Tanker indeed!

Well done Teemu. Thank you for being with us once again. I look forward to seeing more of you and this project in Challenge XIII. :)

- Curt

24 comments:

  1. Thanks Curt! I believe this project will grow and grow, even though getting a flat green surface seems to be the most painful part of this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely set of tanks to finish with. Well done Teemu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stuart! They are good starting piece indeed, usable pretty much in every Soviet force, I think.

      Delete
  3. Well done Teemu have really enjoyed viewing your stuff all through the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it has been quite a varied Challenge from me. :) Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Paul. This was a nice learning project, for the next batch I know a thing or two to accomplish the look easier and make it better.

      Delete
  5. Nice work Teemu! This is a game my son wishes to try. I will look forward to seeing the supporting troops next outing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David! I'm quite sure the next Challenge shall see some additions to this project.

      Delete
  6. Nice tanks Teemu. Great work this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! Not many distractions this year.

      Delete
  7. Hi Teemu:
    You had a very strong list of entries this year and are finishing it on a high note. It's been grand to watch your progress and looking forward to meeting you here again.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mike! I got a bit obsessed with squirrels and planets and wasn't prepared too well, but I'm happy with the output.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful stuff Teemu! I’ve enjoyed your entries throughout the Challenge and your supportive comments to all the participants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha! This year I tried to comment each post and say something positive. Last year I lagged a lot and it didn't feel necessary to comment a week old posts. :)

      Delete
  9. Great jib sneaking in before the deadline! Very fitting to finish the Challenge by starting a new project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had quite challenging plans for the last few days. I managed to do it, but not enough for Squirrel Mastery. :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you Greg! It was a bit tricky, starting a new project and trying to create something to build on and still finish it before the deadline. :)

      Delete
  11. Splendid looking Soviet armour!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete