Thursday 14 February 2019

From NoelW for Thursday: Valentine’s Day : a time for Romans (260 points)


I’ve two posts this week. This one’s not too interesting, as it’s the remainder of my Imperial Romans. There’s 52 of them, painted in the relatively quick style and approach I used two weeks ago. I wanted to get them finished and out of the way, because that project has become a little dull, so it was just a question of getting them done. I don't think there's much exciting here, though in the mass they look quite impressive.





I still had trouble with the decals on the shields, especially those which are the "damaged shields" of Warlord's veterans, which I don't really like anyway. So I'm going to change the worst of these, when I find some replacements - maybe Victrix shields with Little Big Men decals, which I really like. 

I painted the command figures a little differently in order to distinguish separate cohorts. I guess they ought to have shields, too, though I'd rather not hide the attractively elaborate armour.


I’m also hoping I might get to paint a couple of mounted generals for this army before the end of the challenge, and there’s a rather nice Sarissa Roman Villa I’d like to paint up, too, if I can find time. So that may be something to look forward to.

52 figs = 260 points


Well I'm going to take issue with there being nothing exciting here,these look terribly impressive to me! The mix of makes all work well to my eye they're a bit too early for Claudius II but nevertheless a fine Valentine's post and 260 points it is!

All the best Iain

14 comments:

  1. That's a whole lot of fab looking legionaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work now go crush some Barbarians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a machine you are, Noel! That is a heap of great looking Romans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And don't they look good! Nice work Noel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, excellent painted Roman legion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Week after week, you keep painting up an astonishing number of minis. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge amount of painting! Awesome! They look excellent. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's a nicely massive block of infantry, great work!

    ReplyDelete