Saturday 2 March 2019

From DaveD - 15mm WW2 P38J Lightnings & B26 Marauders (36 pts)

I have been really enjoying doing aircraft this challenge. This time its one of my favourite WW2 planes - the twin tail P38 Lightning. These will be added to my 9th Airforce supporting my US army in Normandy. They are a plastic 1/144th scale kit I picked up from a Chinese manufacturer - I got all 3 including delivery for less then the price of one Battlefront equivalent. It was a nice little kit to put together. I have added in a ball bearing to the underside so they can be fitted on to my new magnet gimble mount telescopic aerial flight stands too.


More "Jabos" to worry JamesM's Germans ...


yet more hand painted invasion stripes .... aargh

I have also completed a  a trio medium bomber B26 Mauraders as well - might as well give James's flak corp a target rich environment.! better find your tin hats James... and that's just for your British... 



These are a die cast version - nice string magnets used here!

These are little heavy for these flight stands - i will need to have some a little wider based version made in due course

 I have given the 3 them partial repaint , sorting out invasion stripes etc., markings etc  so i would look at 12 points for that work . 
___________________________________________________________________________________

It's a return to the skies once again with DaveD! Some classic WW2 air power on display here Dave, excellent work.  While the P-38 has always looked a little alien to me, the B26 is a fine, classic medium-bombing ride! 

Those die-cast models do seem a touch precarious all the way up on those flight stands - I expect all concerned will feel better once you find some wider bases to support the bombers :)

36 points? Seems right to me...bombs away!

Greg

11 comments:

  1. Nicely done Dave. Love the stands too - might have to copy that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely air support there, Dave - Millsy and the rest of the C&G lads have used stands like that for WWI air combat games, they're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent set of planes David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking fighters and bombers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bunch of little gems, Dave. Those invasion stripes must have been a bear to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely polished aluminium!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Paint Jobs on these planes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff always loved the P-38

    ReplyDelete