Monday 18 March 2019

From HerrRobert: Re-Robertized Dwarves (55 points)


As part of the "re-Robertizing" of older models, I've been working my way through many of my old dwarf models for Warhammer Fantasy. Last challenge saw a re-Robertized gyrocopter, and the beginnings of a re-Robertized organ gun, dwarf king, and runelord. You can see the gyrocopter in greater details in last year's Flight theme.


This entry sees two more gyrocopters and the champion of a miner's unit. None of these were technically "re-Robertized," since they were all Ebay purchases. But I did extensively strip the two gyrocopters, so I suppose they count. IIRC, 6th or 8th edition saw gyrocopters come in units of three, so I needed two more.




Here's the first of the two gyrocopters. A major issue was making three identical sculpts look different. I decided to make them look different with different tilts of the rotor and unit colors. Because they're independent units in 4th/5th and 7th, I went with individual unit markings. Since the first gyrocopter was red, I went with yellow and blue for the these two. 



I also went with different helmet details. The yellow gyrocopter has a silver helmet, while the pilot of the blue gyrocopter has a black one. I used the same scheme on my king, who looks like he's wearing a pickelhaube. Gold fittings over black works well, and I'm going to use it for my Hammerers as well.


You can see that all three gyrocopters look great together.





The other part of the entry is a Miner champion. I finished him the first week of the challenge, and wasn't really happy with the photos. But, now, it's crunch time, so up he goes. He's a rather simple casting compared to most of the other miners, so a lot of the candle flame or trim to the armor isn't really needed.



Here you can see the progress of the re-Robertization. Slow, but pretty. Next on the re-Robertizing list are the Hammerers.

So, pointswise, 2 vehicles are 20 points each, and another 10 for the pilots. The miner is another 5 points, so a total of 55. Edited, forgot to add this gives me my third Squirrel! point.

I'm nearing 300, and have one, maybe two entries left before the challenge ends. So I'm going to up my target, and see if I can hit 300.

Very nice work on nü-Robertizing all these dwarves, mein Herr! 'March of the Valkyries' indeed! 55 points to your total, and good luck towards reaching your target!

Barks

25 comments:

  1. Thanks. The gyrocopters are great fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Robert - I love those old skool 'copters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They are. Lots of pain to strip, but worth it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They, and organ guns, are distinctively Dwarven. Every Dwarf player has to have one.

      Delete
  5. Rerobertized gyrocopter chaps are excellently barmy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barmy, and clearly French. Only the French (cough, Bretonnian) dwarves paint their gyrocopters that shade of green!

      Delete
  6. Great work on the dwarf copters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Old Skool Dawrfs mate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the gyrocoptors! The champion is also classic!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific work, Robert - you know I have a soft spot for the shorter and grumpier folk of the fantasy genre!

    ReplyDelete