Monday 4 March 2019

From JohnM: Eldritch! (30 points)

I did not think I would get this small submission done until next week but I had some time this morning to finish the figures and get them photographed before I head back to The Pit at 2pm.

I ended last year's challenge with a large Mansions of Madness submission. They were a lot of fun to paint and if you will remember I jumped with both feet into the abyss that is HP Lovecraft. I still have a fair number of monsters to paint (I believe there must be almost 10 Masks of Nyarlathotep alone) but I think I am all done with the Investigators as I have 8 painted now.
Dexter Drake and Amanda Sharpe
They are not the best detailed figures but they are fun to paint
The Dunwich Horror; Wilbur Whatley's twin brother. There is a Wizard Whatley figure in the set but I would of enjoyed painting Wilbur. 
I have gone with a monochrome paint scheme but could not resist a bit of colour on those lips.
I know this figure does not look like much but there was a good 4-5 hours of painting here, I found it quite difficult to get right and am not really pleased with the result. There are 4 layers of different light and dark paints on the figure. 

So there you have it, time to work on some winter terrain and maybe something smaller.

Iä! Iä! I recall your big Mansions of Madness entry last year, great to see it all continuing! I've got that Horror myself, and it is a big boy, so I'll go 20 points for it.

Barks

5 comments:

  1. Nice work John. Great looking investigators and, well, horrible looking horror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely investigators and creepy monster!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and very macabre! I can't work out what the Dunwich Horror actually is though???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work John. Curt has taken us on a "Mansion of Madness" game already, and it was great fun. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete