Tuesday 5 March 2019

From KenR - 28mm Italian Wars Light Cavalry (61 Points)


Well it wouldn't be a Tuesday without an Italian Wars Cavalry unit would it ?

Having run out of fancy Dan Gendarme in all their feathers and livery it's time to go "smart but casual" with these chaps, 6 figures from the 28mm Perry Miniatures plastic Light Cavalry box set.


I'm sure you will all know the score by now, oil wipe method horses (this is the last six of the batch of horses I painted on the first week of the challenge), riders done in acrylic paint (mostly Vallejo) with the odd subtle wash and a Pete's Flag stuck on a pole and hoisted above said unit.


This will be half of a 12 man unit however I plan for these to be multi-functional in my army. They can be used as a Light Cavalry unit on its own or they can be split up and mixed with the Gendarme to increase their unit size, maybe 6 Gendarme in the front rank with 6 of these behind? It's a work in progress.

The traditional 3 man "Lance" consisted of the main man (the Gendarme), the lesser armed Squire (these guys) and a non-combatant or general dogsbody.


Point wise it will be 6 x 10 for the mounted plus one for the flag making 61 points for both the main total and the Renaissance Side Duel.


So with two Tuesdays left before we say goodbye for another year I will complete another 6 of these and another 6 mounted Crossbow to finish off both those units and that will be my 6 figures of Cavalry a week achieved. Anything else will be a bonus.



I love that, "smart but casual". Another great addition to what has been one of the best 'ensemble' entries during this year's Challenge. As a body of work, its been a project to be proud of and has been a pleasure to watch each week...and now your promising more! Good grief man! Is there no end to your productivity (please say 'no')?
Lee

27 comments:

  1. I have to say I've loved you Italian wars stuff. Carry on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Martin, at least 2 more Cavalry units before challenge ends

      Delete
  2. Very nice work once again Ken! Truth be told after all your cavalry goodness I somehow feel the urge to do likewise 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get cracking 👍 Since I started airbrushing the base coat on horses I can't stop churning out the equine forces

      Delete
  3. I think I ran out of superlatives a while ago! Yet more stunning stuff Ken - really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous looking light cavalry unit,lovely work as always!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely work as always Ken. I think the Light Cavalry box is the best of the plastic kits in this range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, the box is great, so versatile, just putting together some Mounted Crossbow from the same box.

      Delete
  6. Ace work once again Ken, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Ken, I'll never catch you in the duel ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, there is a few more to go on my total yet 😉

      Delete
  8. More armoured awesomeness Ken!

    ReplyDelete