Saturday 9 March 2019

From MilesR: 28mm Perry ACW (335 Points)

I suspect you all are getting somewhat tired of hearing from me.  With that understanding I shall start this post with good news - this is my last post for today.

This post features a return to a favorite topic of mine for Challenge submissions - the American Civil War in 28mm scale.  These figures are a bit of a rush job as I need them next weekend for my "Sink the Tennessee" games I'm running at Cold Wars.  The figures are all from the Perry Brothers, hallowed by thine names.
First up 18 dismounted Union Calvary troopers.  These are metals that come in those lovely black boxes.
Next up are 24 Union infantry figures - painted up to be Union Marines with the white pants and webbing.  These are from the Perry Plastics range of which I have assembled and painted a rather large number of figures over the past few years.  It's not in level of Dave D's colonials but pretty darn close.
A finally 25 civilian "mob" figures that are Perry metal casts and themed along the lines of the movie Gangs of New York.  If you look closely you might even see a "Bill the Butcher" figure.  I really enjoyed painting these figures and hope the Perry's add more to the sub-line

Well that's it - 67 figures nets a nice sum of 335 points to add to my tiny tally for the day.



____________________________

Great work Miles! You must have a tremendous collection of ACW figures accrued over the past few years of the Challenge. I really like the Gang of New York civilian types - I think I may have to pay the Perry's a visit after seeing these.

This entry places you just behind Noel in the points standings. Wow, talk about leaping up the roster! Sandbags duly dropped. ;P Well done Miles and have a great time at Cold Wars next weekend.

Curt


12 comments:

  1. What there’s more? Great work Miles. I think today’s today outpoints my output on the last two challenges combined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ACW types, the armed civilians are particularly good!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been a very busy boy! Grand job.. the civilians are a nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for for the kind comments. The civilians were a hoot to paint up and they be very useful in a skirmish game.

    Curt, my ACW collection is pretty much complete with a combined 40 regiments but there's always room for a new type of special character or artillery piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much complete... MartinC said that just before he picked up a bucketload at the recent Partisan show !

      Delete
  5. A fantastic entry. Well done! The regular troops look great, but I really like those civilian types.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOOM! Pointsbomb Miles, great work!

    ReplyDelete