Wednesday 6 March 2019

From SimonM: "Warlord Games" Cyber-Controller (7 Points)


This 40mm tall metal Cyberman miniature is sold by “Warlord Games” and can be bought as part of their "The Tomb of the Cybermen" expansion set for the "Doctor Who: Exterminate!" miniatures game. Sculpted to closely resemble actor Michael Kilgarriff as the Cyber-Controller from the 1967 television story "The Tomb Of The Cybermen", the large imposing silver cyborg "directed lesser-ranking Cybermen and Cyber-Leaders from the Cyber-Tombs..."

Initially undercoated with a double helping of "Citadel" Abaddon Black, the emotionless monster was subsequently treated to two layers of Ironbreaker and a wash of Nuln Oil. He was then dry-brushed with more Ironbreaker, before I 'picked out' the Cyberman's eyes and mouth with a little more Abaddon Black. Luckily though, unlike the rest of the Cyber-Controller's mechanical minions, I didn't need to additionally paint all the somewhat torturous body-tubing which covers his limbs black and was therefore able to simply leave these silver.

As a final touch I applied some "Vallejo" Heavy Orange to the model's "enlarged, dome-shaped semi-transparent brain case." On the small screen this part was actually lit from the inside, so in order to try and replicate that pulsating glow I randomly dabbed some "Citadel" Carroburg Crimson over the area and allowed it to haphazardly congeal. I also momentarily considered basing my Cyber-Controller on a grass-flocked base, in order for it to be fielded alongside all my other "Doctor Who: Into The Time Vortex" Cybermen. However, common sense soon made me realise the error of my ways, and the extra-terrestrial giant was given a snowy base.
_____________________________________________________________

This guy takes me back, and not in a good way. I was fine with Daleks, and even The Fury of the Deep, but these bastards had me hiding behind the couch every time.

As a 40mm figure, he's worth 7 points - so let's see what else you've got ready for us! (nothing too scary I hope)

Ev



12 comments: