Thursday 26 December 2019

From MattK: Delaque Gang for Necromunda (50 Points)

One of the things I said going into this challenge was there were a couple games I wanted to put on the table by the time the challenge was over. In particular, Necromunda, This is Not a Test, Age of Hannibal, and Posideons Warriors. Although I took a break today to go see the new Star Wars, I managed to make a pretty good dent in one of them by painting my Delaque gang from start to finish.



I figured it'd be a good Christmas Day project because I airbrushed them leather brown and figured itd be a nice quick speed paint. What I did not account for was just how long it'd take to get that copper trim right however I think I managed to pull it off



There are ten figures in total and they were built with the out of the box instructions. I'm a fan of pretty much the whole box but these two are probably my favorites.





Anyway, 10 28mm figures should net me 50 Points.Merry Christmas!


_______________________________

Excellent work, Matt. I've always liked these figures, but have not seen them done up in brown and I must say they look really good! The copper was an excellent choice for the detail edging as it sets off so nicely against the rich brown base. Great work! 

Are you doing any other factions for Necromunda, or are you tackling another from your bucket list? I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

-Curt

15 comments:

  1. Nice figures - the copper really works well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed, they're certainly one of my favourite Necromunda gangs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all, I've actually gotten the test figure done for a Cawdor gang as well and am gonna crack those out tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! These are my favourite gang, and you’ve done a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creepy and dangerous, great looking Delaques.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great Necromunda gang. Will there be more?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! They have a certain Matrix vibe to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice gang, Matt! Just got these for Christmas myself. I like the brown with copper it makes them look even more cold and pasty with the warm earth tones. I may build mine in a bit, but I need to see if forgeworld has a sniper model parts available. Definitely need a long range assassin for this bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice; Delaque were my first gang.

    ReplyDelete