Thursday 26 December 2019

From BenitoM: Early War German Officers and NCOs (25 Points)

Third entry to the Challenge and just in the nick of time, before starting the Christmas Eve dinner!
I returned this time to my initial core project for the Challenge and introduce today the first painted models of my German Early War force. This project will follow the template of the TooFatLardies 1940 supplement book for a Chain of Command infantry platoon.


The models here are the 2 senior leaders of the Platoon HQ unit and the three junior leaders commanding each of the three sections of the platoon.


The models are from the Warlord plastic box. Warlord plastic ranges have improved over time and these figures present a very good sculpting, similarly to the Red Devils I painted last year. Extremely good detail and also good face expressions.


The multi-pose options in the box are almost infinite in variation and you can almost build a different pose for each of the 30+ models included in the box.


The project got traction after watching NickM’s early war panzer models painted last year. Very inspiring indeed.

With this entry I add 25 points to my Challenge score. Next in line, likely my landing at the mysterious Challenge Island.

__________________________

These chaps are excellent, Benito! As you say the offerings from Warlord have incrementally improved over time and these models really benefit from your skills with the brush. I particularly like the kneeling NCO, MP40 at the ready, gesturing his squad forward, and the 'Big Man' officer, pistol out, leading from the front. Hmm, I'm wanting to do a small early war skirmish scenario and perhaps some of these models might fit the bill (scribbles note to self).

25 points for you, young man. Well done!


-Curt

16 comments:

  1. Nice work. They look perfect for a swift Blitzkrieg across Challenge Island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the multipose options and some nice painting, Benito.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking early war Germans! Great painting too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice leader figures, Benito :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job - some nice looking figures as well, especially for 28mm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, I think I got a free sprue of these on a mag recently, got a template to work off now 👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some very fine work here Benito! The Feldgrau is (imho) spot on for the early period. I'm quite proud my Panzers having been one of the reasons for you to kick off this project. Looking forward to the rest of the force.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great painting, looking forward to more ..... Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great, lots of dramatic arm waving, as is proper for HQ units. I can’t wait to see the rest of the army!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work, Benito! I have this kit and they are fine models to work with. You made some nice animations with them and the uniforms are shaded really well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice one Benito, they might just persuade me to get my early war Germans put together and painted...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice work indeed Benito. I have just got a sprue of these with the latest issue of Wargames Illustrated - this could very well inspire me to do something with them other than chuck them on the lead/plastic pile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the tones on your WW2 stuff.

    ReplyDelete