Saturday 25 January 2020

From TamsinP: Lizardmen at O'Grady's Gulch (For Joshua) (90 points)


Extract from the journal of TamsinP, Time Traveler, Society Girl and Adventuress

26th January, I haven't a clue what year...or even what universe...


Alighting from Lady S's balloon after another enjoyable flight, I find myself atop a hill overlooking a gully or gulch. Peering down into the gulch I spy some tiny green figures formed up in ranks as though for battle.

I decide that it is my duty to descend and investigate. It isn't as far down as the green figures' appearance led me to believe and I find that they were indeed small, not far away*. I must appear a great giant to them, for they flee in terror. 

Lifting my eyes to the East I notice a tall, snow-capped mountain in the distance. I feel compelled to approach and ascend it, as I am sure there will be a great reward for doing so...




Swordslizards




Spearlizards




Some close-ups:




These were quite fun to paint. As with my previous entry, I used my wet palette for these and the weapons were done as NMM - I think it came out quite nicely on the swords. If you look carefully at the photos, you will notice that no two lizardmen are identical. And that I have painted the yes and teeth. And varying shield patterns, although that hasn't come out quite so well in the photos.

I actually painted these before starting on the hairy bikers. The figures are 10mm from Magister Militum. I'd originally bought them with the intention of using them to make "friezes" to decorate pyramids and buildings for my Mexicagrave project, but that has been in abeyance for quite some time. Then along comes James' most worthy "For Joshua" project and I decided to make them my contribution to that - can you think of a better use for them?

For scoring:

60 x 10mm foot @ 1 = 60 points
O'Grady's Gulch = 30 points
Total = 90 points

* luckily I'm not as easily perplexed as Father Dougal:




***

What a great little entry here Tamsin.  I love the figures, for 10mm they have a lot of detail.  The painting is really very nice for that scale as well, they look great, and doing NMM on 10mm???  You truly are mad Tamsin.

The basing is also top notch, which I find many people (myself included) tend to skimp on at smaller scales, but the basing here really makes these pop. 

- ByronM




20 comments:

  1. Lovely teeny tiny lizards,but NMM on 10mm ? You must be insane!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fantastic Tamsin - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look marvellous Tamsin, but you win the most certifiable nut bar award. Eyes on 10mms? I don’t do them on 28s because I end up with armies of raccoons and pandas. Teeth? And the physical impossible of metallics which aren’t metallics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! Great work Tamsin. I think the extra time put in on shading, highlighting and basing really paid off. What a wonderful addition to the Joshua project. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really great, love the red

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Tamsin. There is some truly fantastic 10mm fantasy stuff out there, and your brush skills help make the case, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always a pleasure with you aboard the Balloon Service ..... fancy drinks and karaoke Up next as the in flight entertainment 🎈🍹🎤🎈

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please tell me one of these little guys is called Harry and you tell him "You're a lizard Harry" each morning! ;-) glorious stuff Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Byron - thanks! Was there ever any doubt about my madness? ;)

    @ IainW - cheers! Yes, NMM on 10mm. Well, a basic version of NMM anyway. I figured it would look better (and be easier to clean up mistakes) than TMM :)

    @ James M - thanks and you're welcome :)

    @ Peter D - cheers! The eyes were simply a bit of thin black paint deposited into the sockets :)

    @ Alex S - thanks! :)

    @ Curt - cheers! Other than the NMM, there was very little highlighting on these :)

    @ Martin C - thanks! :)

    @ Greg B - cheers! :)

    @ Sarah - thanks m'Lady! Drinks with little umbrellas? ~Ooooh, sounds good = might have to book myself a ride down from Snowlord's Peak :)

    @ Sander - cheers and *groan* :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. NMM on 10 mil mini's? I can recommend a good (head) doctor Tamsin ;>) lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love those tiny beasties Tamsin! Excellent contribution to James' charity project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Darrell - but doesn't it look effective on the swords? :)

    @ DaveD - thanks! :)

    @ Nick - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Gulch Owner approves this submission - great job Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete