Wednesday 12 February 2020

From Barks: The stars are right (35 points)

A quick visit to Piper's Peak as I sled downhill. This is Norman Withers, astronomer, from Mansions of Madness. His telescope allows him to 'have a peek'.





I've just received a portable light box from Green Stuff World, and these are the first pics. I used the black cloth backdrop- I think it was Curt who noted that jewellers display their wares on black rather than white settings. I do like my figure shoots in their 'natural setting', however, so took a few with some game tiles. Advice gratefully received!

1x 28mm 5
Piper's Peak 30

From DaveD . I do like that figure - that's a fine beard ! Nice job Barks

24 comments:

  1. And most astronomers work on peaks in any event, so...

    Lovely bit of work here, Barks - very characterful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice, my mistake, I thought he was an oboe player at first! Excellent painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Barks - love the colours, the suit looks just right.
    And I'm sure nothing can go wrong while observing the stars during any sort of Lovecraft-type setting, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "There must be a baby squid stuck on the end of my telescope..."

      Delete
  4. Great figure Barks and fits the theme very nicely. You've done a great job on the rumbled tweed suit on this academic, it looks very authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking figure Barks. I quite like his green waistcoat. I've not picked up this expansion yet (I have a hard time keeping up with my FFG addiction), but it's now on the list. I like your in situ setting for him (I'd like to try this more often but the black background trope has almost become muscle memory for me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black is your signature move, though.

      I try to get the expansions early due to FOMO.

      Delete
  6. Good job mate - I hope he doesn't loose his sanity from what the telescope reveals....

    Is your skull-o-meter broken? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is reeling a bit and wondering if I can catch up...

      Delete