Wednesday 26 February 2020

From MarkB - Betsy the camel at Docherty’s Dock- 40 points

Ahoy ship mates! I was all ready to paint a ship and now I see it’s ships of the desert! No problem! Out of the bits box come two ancient camels loaded with arrows and javelins. They will be very helpful as a baggage element for a variety of desert themed DBA armies.


Betsy and Barnaby are both 15mm and based on a 40mm x 40mm base. I hadn’t painted 15mm for about a decade and really enjoyed them as a change from my usual 28mm or ridiculously small 6mm or 2mm figures. It’s funny because you can still use the same techniques and they seem to combine enough detail with a quicker painting time, cost and tabletop footprint. I’m almost a convert!
I guess that’s 30 points for another location completed at Docherty’s Dock and 2 x 4 points for the camels as they basically had the same work as 15mm cavalry.
A total of a cheeky 38 points?

Where to next? I think it’s time to send up the smoke signals for another plundered location and call forth Sarah’s balloon for a second airborne journey... but where to? I feel the Snowlord’s peak is beckoning!

From DaveD - about time I had camels on hump days.. and even better at ones own location.. perfect ships of the desert! - lets call that 40 points

6 comments: