Wednesday 27 January 2021

KenR : Curtgeld : 28mm Napoleonic French Lancers - 40 pts

 

With a big 15mm Napoleonic figure collection i have avoided going big and upscaling to 28mm, there are so many lovely figures in the scale and with plastics its so much cheaper. Over the years I've picked up the odd sprue and the Curtgeld is a good excuse to paint one up.

These figures are from Warlord and came free on one of the magazines a few years ago. Detail wise they are pretty good although the face on the sword guy was a bit poor, I prefer Perrys stuff personally but these do paint up well.

The two figures are painted in my usual style, oils on the horses and acrylic riders, they make a nice Skirmish  / Scouting or Command Base. The horses didn't have their own bases just a couple of extra bits of plastic under a couple of the legs so it could be interesting getting this to its new owner.

I've suggested a new owner to Curt, let's see if he agrees and they make the grade 😁 I would really like them to go to someone who will use them on the table, it would be great to see them in action !

Points wise it should be 20 for 2 x 28mm Cavalry plus 20 for the Curtgeld so 40 in total.

It was a nice change from the Allied Italian Legion Project, but its back to the grindstone with the white paint now, I hope to have the first 32 Principes done over the weekend.


Whoever gets these is a lucky person Ken - they look lovely indeed. Always good to mix up your painting as anything gets rather samey, and a change is a good as a holiday they say! Now get back to those Italians!

Cap'n Wednesday

24 comments:

  1. Lovely work on these Ken, I did a unit of these a few months ago and agree on the 'ok, but I prefer Perry' comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, Perries take a lot of beating 😁
      Regards KenR

      Delete
  2. Excellent work - nice and crisp colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an entry with only two figures! Are you ill man?
    Nice work on these two lancers, there’s some nice movement in the poses and the basing. I don’t have much experience with Warlord Plastics, I got scared off by their Hessian having to assemble three piece heads and glue feet to bases did it for me.
    A worthy prize for a hopefully worthy challenger.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, I probably struggle to just paint 2 figures compared to 32, I'm just getting warmed up with two 🤣

      Delete
  4. Lovely work Ken. I like the sense of movement in the vignette. I've got to try oils for my horses sometime in the future. I'll have to ask you for a must-have paint list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything you need is on the video below 👍
      https://youtu.be/IjFkwBzLaxs

      Delete
  5. Well done Ken! That green is rather striking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pair of Lancers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful looking cavalry. I'm sure whoever receives them is getting a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Stuart, hopefully they will get some tabletime 👍

      Delete