Saturday 27 February 2021

From ChrisF - Chamber of Darkness entry 25mm ( 25pts)

 This is a 1978 Heritage 1104-E Superhero from the Der Kreigspielers Fantastiques 1100 range.



The full set name is "Flying Gargoyle Chief Abducting Maiden from Superheros Harem", and also contained a gargoyle chief with base, and 2 maidens.


Apparently the Chief was successful as I only have the Superhero from the set. I'm guessing the others are in the possession of a friend from times past. 


This mini was painted back in the 70's ( probably with Humbrols) and was in decent shape, but I think someone needed a Paladin for gaming and had carved cross lines in the shield with an Xacto. I stripped the paint and managed to grind and buff out the lines before painting it. 


I really enjoy the old minis!
On to the Larder!








6 comments:

  1. Well this is a new mini on me, but he’s certainly of a vintage. I’m not sure I get the superhero branding though! The rest of the set sounds delightful.

    Your points are tallied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's truly a golden oldie, nice revamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely old school greyscale figure!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the old stuff, would like to see the set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kriegspeilers! Now there’s a trip down memory lane. Great work on this veteran figure.

    ReplyDelete