Tuesday 18 January 2022

From MattT - Dark Age Warband (50 points)

I managed to aquire a box of 2nd hand minis (who can resist the lure of lead) last year, and my main focus this challange will be getting them painted and looking like cohesive units. The figures are a mixed bag including some old foundry vikings, some footsore goths, the odd fanasty figure and a few i have no idea about.

The goal is to use them as various generic dark age types. Based for Impetus which is the system me and my brother mainly use. Plan is to keep quite a tight palette and not use to many overtly pagan or christian symbols on the shields.

I have enough lead to get several warbands done, some with spears, others more axe heavy. 


One of the more axe heavy units, with a slight fantasy twist be led by fearsome shieldmaiden. Flag from LBMS.

 

8 x foot - 40pts, 1 x mtd - 10pts, Total 50points.

***

My brain often misfires, but I feel almost 100% certain that I saw these yesterday? At any rate, perhaps they look so nice that my brain wants to see them twice. Besides, Impetus IS popular, right? Well done Matt - in particular, I remember saying that I think there is always something to be said for two-handed-axes and the solutions-oriented chaps who wield them with the hopes of making the world a better place. I stand by that today - or whatever day it is...well done. 

GregB

6 comments:

  1. There is something so cool and solutions-oriented about the fine two-handed axe, is there not? Very nice Matt.

    That said, I suspect you hit "publish" by mistake? I see no comments from Tamsin above...uh oh, she'll hunt you down for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s some nice painting on display here! But if I was you I‘d better run before Tamsin gets you 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done!

    And I’d stand behind the axe men when Tamsin comes calling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Fault Greg, hit publish by mistake yesterday. Thanks for the kind words and agree, got to love a two-handed axe. They have one plan and are 100% committed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Matt - nice painting.... very cool shield patterns.

    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete