Tuesday 4 January 2022

From MartinC - Lizardman Cavalry (171pts)

 Hi all. this will be my 1st Tuesday crew post and the 1st of many to keep Tamsin on her toes. My lizardman army is progressing quickly (their 1st battle is scheduled for the 23rd, I will lose as it is a freshly painted virgin army in a genre I've not played for over 30 years. My only hope is that I'm play someone who has never played the rules before)

1st up some lizardmen cavalry, again Sundered Studios and these are cracking figures


9 Skinks mounted on bipedal lizards

Went for a red colour scheme on the mounts, they are about the size of camels

I really love the sculpts, they are individuals and have real sense of dynamism

No cavalry should advance without infantry support so a 16 lizard regiment of spearlizards

These are the last of the Wargames Atlantic figs and again owe much to the bits box, with long spear and shields adding to the unit

Painted a lizard eye on the shield boss and it looks effective, although they are basically wizard fodder

So 9x28mm cavalry with standard = 91pts
16 x 28mm infantry = 80pts
total 171pts

I'm on holiday rest of this week, but weather is chilly - yesterday was a record breaking 16oC but today is only 1oC. UK weather is weird.
That'll folks, Tasmin can I have a bag of nuts please and a pillow

And so my minioning duty begins! What a cracking post to start off with - the red of the mounts does contrast nicely with the green of the riders. This little lot will see you "sauring" up the points table.

Tamsin

39 comments:

  1. The lizard eye shields are very effective, a bit sauronish, perhaps?

    And this "Skinks mounted on bipedal lizards", I wonder how many companies make "Humans mounted on giants" or something similar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, humans on giants, I can only think of master blaster from mad max 3

      Delete
  2. A great addition to the army Martin!

    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the lizard folk Martin, love the “cavalry” and the eyes on the shield. Tamsin needs to buy new lizard puns, she’s already repeating herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've asked management to put on pun training for Tamsin

      Delete
    2. Yup, repeating the pun was bad form on my part.

      Delete
  4. I really like all the different positions and expressions of the lizards. They really have a lot of personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the lizard cav are really great figs

      Delete
  5. Charge of the Lizardman Brigade! Well done Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the eye markings- great little bit of detail you have added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, the Dervish shields i used have suitably shaped bosses, please how they came out

      Delete
  7. Nice looking Lizards, Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool looking lizard cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stuff, I really like the Lizard cavalry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I can highly recommend them, great to paint and fll of life

      Delete
  10. Wonderful work Martin. I love 'The 1st Iguana Lancers'. They truly are 'cherrybums'. ;)

    I had to smile at your 'chilly weather'. It was -30C when I rode into work today (but still showed up overheated due to the spacesuit I wear).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great name, they will be for ever called that. The weather in the UK is so mild that we measure cold in Celsius and hot in Fahrenheit to give us a good spread, cos 0-30 doesn't really cut it

      Delete
  11. Splendid lizard cavalry and spear carriers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. best pun of the day, don't tell Tamsin. ta

      Delete
    2. @ Martin - the "sauring ahead" worked well until I repeated it! :)

      Delete
  13. Oh here we go... i will have to kill these with something some day no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try, I'll have some pirates you could use

      Delete
  14. Very cool Martin - I do love me some Saurians on the table, and these look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, always wanted a lizardman army but not done fantasy wargaming this century

      Delete
  15. Nice looking Lizardfolk. The contrasting choice of colours for the mounts and riders is a nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I looked at a lot of pictures of lizards before picking a colour scheme and decided green was too boring

      Delete
  16. I like the eyes on the shields!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great additions Martin

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete