Tuesday 1 February 2022

From ArthurS: Born to be blue! (45 points)

 Hoi,

It is Arthur's turn today to get an entry in. I can't do anything myself as next week we will be getting new windows in pretty much all of the rooms in the house including my hobbyroom... Everything has to be put away safely and it feels like I am taken apart my soul and putting it in boxes.

Anyway the lad is less bothered and  has finished his Power Wings' Biker squad. I asked him what I should type alongside his pictures and he gave me a note saying:

"Good day, this is my newest piece of art (not a particularly humble chap is he?) These are the bikers for my own Space Marine Chapter the Power Wings. I do hope you like them. Greetings Arthur"






There's 3 Firstborn bikers as well as an assault bike. Since the Power Wings are supposed to be a Dark Angels successor chapter, I gave him two of my old Ravenwing torsos with special weapons and he painted them up. 


While Arthur is trying to be more precise in his painting, he has some strange colour decissions: the figures were basecoated black, yet he decided to make the tires blue... We took the biker sergeant and only glued his hind wheel to the base and since it is movable he can do a proper wheelie accompanied by all the right sounds and noises of course.

These 4 mounted Marines should be good for 40 points. 

Cheers Arthur and Sander


Those do look great, Arthur! However, you seem to have miscounted - there are five Marines on four bikes, so I'll treat that as four cavalry and one foot for scoring - 45 points for you!

Tamsin

28 comments:

  1. I like Arthur's colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: thanks Martin, there's more to come yet!

      Delete
  2. Nice, I like the wheelie option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: yeah it makes it fun to make VROOM VROOM noices with.

      Delete
  3. Arthur is developing alot of creative talent! Awesome colours and the wheelie option is truly inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's enjoying himself a lot, I think he ius actually more into the gaming side of the hobby but at least he's realised that we use the 3 colour rule ;-)

      Delete
  4. Excellent work Arthur, love the wheelie bike. And of course the ideal weapon for a huge motorbike is an even huger sword.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: Ypou're right of course Peter, no Dark Angel could go without a decent Power Sword

      Delete
  5. Lovely job, I particularly like the split colour scheme on the front and back of the bikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sander says: well Jamie, he was really proud of the crisp straight line himself and I didn't even have to push him to do it he came up with it himself!

      Delete
  6. Well done Arthur! Gotta love all Space Marines riding scary bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid looking space marine bikers,really nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colour combo, very nice looking unit. Blue tires are all the kids are talking about these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, Arthur! I see there's some quartered colouring as well, very advanced. The wheelie option is the first step towards the magnets and such like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I do like them Arthur. They look pretty cool and I love the blue you used, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: Thanks Ray, it's Army Painter Viking Blue.

      Delete
  11. Bravo Arthur. I quite like the blue tires. I think I'm going to spray paint mine to be like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: ...well okay he really laughed out loud at that and then seriously asked me: Would that even stick to rubber Dad?"

      Delete
  12. These are awesome, I love the one doing a wheelie. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are quite remarkable! Good job!

    ReplyDelete