Sunday 20 February 2022

From BrettM: Tardis & Iron Grenadiers (50 points)

Moving along the planets we come to Skaro with an odd machine for a Doctor.

Got this from Reaper I believe several years ago.

Not very good on the trying text on each side but not bad if its a quick glance.

Next up is some Iron Grenadiers from GI Joe
Front view 
Pic of the back of the minis
Close up of them. Went with some grey over the black for highlights. 

Scoring wise not sure what the Tardis should be scored at. I assume 28mm fig. So total of 6 figures for 30 points and for landing on planet Skaro is another 20 points. Total entry 50 points I believe.

_____________________________________________

Great work Brett! You can't get much more iconic than a Tardis for landing on Skaro. I also quite like the looks of those GI Joe Iron Grenadiers. I'm not familiar with the setting as it came a little after by time, but these fellas look the business. Sharp brushwork on the striped pauldrons, cuffs and their coal scuttle helmets. 

Well done!

- Curt

10 comments:

  1. Dunderun dunderan woo oooo
    Or at least that was the theme music when I last watched it
    Love the Tardis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those GI Joe Grenadiers look great, wacky and very well painted. I'm not familiar with Dr Who (I know something, but never watched an episode), but these Iron Grenadiers are a complete mystery to me. That doesn't prevent me liking them, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking bunch of sci fi stuff,no idea about GI Joe but they look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff - never seen those grenadiers before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stuff, I'll bet it's even better painted (and bigger) on the inside. Iron grenadiers are new to me, but they look good also.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete