Wednesday 9 February 2022

From RayR - Arrakis/Machiavellian - Barbed Tormentor & Sarah's Star Yacht Lady (50 points)

  

I'm paying a visit to Planet Arrakis for this post and using the tag Machiavellian. No I'm not painting anything from Dune, this is one of the few planets I didn't have to look up!

But first I have to pay the fare from Corsucant to Arrakis using Sarah's Star Yacht


Hmmm? This is Mellusa, a slave in chains, from Col Bill's Belt Said Girls
Believe it or not, but she was quite an easy paintjob!



This rather devilish looking chap is a Barbed Tormentor, from the Denizens of Hell series from the game Kingdoms of Hell by Ill Gotten Games.

This isn't your usual type of figure? I hear you say

Well I purchased this beast at Salute from Encounter Prints, I always buy a few strange (for me) figures when I go to a show, just incase Curt puts something strange on the Bonus rounds. 

Just like this!

The definition of Machiavellian is cunning, scheming and unscrupulous, which I think for a Denizen of Hell fits in particularly well

2 x 25mm figures @ 5 pts each 

Arrakis Bonus 20 pts 

Sarah's Sky Yacht Bonus 20 pts

60pts

***

Oh my, 50 points for two 28mm figures? Squeeze any more and this post will turn into juice. This almost feels naval. 

(And it is 50 points, not 60).

Nonetheless, the "Denizen of Hell" lines up well with Arrakis...heck, with a slightly different shade, he could be a Harkonnen relative!

50 points for you. For two 28mm figures.

GregB

16 comments:

  1. I was wondering when the real Ray would show up. Fine brushwork, but it’s no wonder your misses banished you to the shed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart work Ray.
    Lovely lady, but I really like the Barbed Tormentor, I am also guilty of being on the "That may be useful for some bonus points" look out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great brushwork on clothes and hair, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that’s efficient points scoring! Nice job on the barbed tormentor in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping that someone shows up to rescue that poor lass.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete