Wednesday 9 February 2022

From BruceR: All aboard Lady Sarah's Star Yacht for the Death Star, OOP Citadel, Front Rank Sauerkraut (150 points)

Back for another Wednesday and kicking off with another ticket to ride on Lady Sarah's Star Yacht.  For admission to the cargo hold and maybe the co-pilots seat I present Amelia pilot extraordinaire.  This is my 8th and final crew member for Stargrave.  Amelia is from Victoria Miniatures and a freebee from a past Adepticon.  Hopefully she will travel again this year to the Windy City.  I again created the base with table junk to blend with the other crew members.  Tally ho with laz pistol and power sword. 









Once we land on the Death Star our space pirates look for an ancient artifact used in primitive times.  The item is worth billions of credits from collectors and could only be found where all items Of Questionable Design can be found.  This little gem sat on my shelf for likely since the early 90's.  As I finally completed a green skin army the infamous LEAD BELCHER Goblin Organ Gun Multiple Cannon from a group of Machineries of Destruction, was no longer in the mix and it sat there, until.... AHPC.  Doing some google research it appears I do not have all the correct crew, but the extras do have big balls.  It's also missing some wheel blades.  Fun to paint and little graffiti added.  The Lead Belcher is a multiple weapon, comprising three small bombards and one howitzer.      

The Citadel Lead Blecher and crew:







There end my travels for this week.  Now on to the Sauerkraut.  I finished my New Jersey Blues last week and intended to get a start on completing the Front Rank Hessians I had in the pile.  I admit I paint best in groups of 6-8. I had finished 7 of the Hessians and was able to play Sharp Practice 2, which recharged the batteries.  And painted up the other 6 for a gang of 13.  This with the other 20 I have for SP2, 4 groups and an officer AWI.  Look out rebellious colonists.
   

The Group





Thats a wrap for my Wednesday.   Hope everybody has a great week.  Keep painting and playing.

20 28mm foot                     = 100 pts
Travel on the Star Yacht     =   20 pts
The Death Star                    =   20 pts
28mm artillery                    =    10 pts

Total                                    = 150 pts

 ***
 
Fine work once again Bruce. That old Citadel gun is very fun to see, and work on the Hessians is very, very impressive, another fine display of brush skills. 150 points for you, well done.
 
GregB


 

14 comments:

  1. Great work. I really like those Hessians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. The Front Rank heft really makes painting fun.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I really like the lead belcher and crew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha. It’s been many since I’ve played WHFB and now feel the the need for some type of fantasy mass battle.

      Delete
  3. Nice work Bruce, especially the Hessians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine brushwork Bruce! All great minis, but my faves are the organ gun and crew - so wonderfully old school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots to love here, Bruce! The Oldhammer stuff is always close to my heart, but I do like shatp Hessians, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. so much here.. great work on the variety of pieces! That artillery though.. nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great variety of entries Bruce, fond memories of the Lead Belcher from back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Hessians and the lead belcher is great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very impressed with your Hessians, and the rest of this lot are also full of aggression!
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete