Wednesday 9 February 2022

On Squirrel Patrol - Side Duel Update #3

Hello fellow Squirrel enthusiasts.

First of all my apologies for being a couple of days late with this update, real life got in the way a little, but have no fear, I have compiled a list of our usual Squirrel chasing painters and tallied their scores.

Please sir, can I have a point please?

Top Squirrel baggers TeemuL and MikeW continue to set the pace for the side duel, though KerryT is trying to close the gap a little. However, I am afraid that I am going to have to declare the first penalty in this contest. It has come to my attention that one painter has forgotten to properly label his posts. Yes, you are right to boo and jeer. The rules were made clear earlier in the challenge and this type of behaviour cannot be allowed to continue lest it set a dangerous precedent. As the Squirrelfinder General, it is my sad duty to issue a Yellow Card to the culprit. Let it not be said that I am not without mercy though. The responsible party will still be allowed to claim future Squirrel points (properly labelled ones), but they have forfeited their opportunity to claim the unlabelled point. Perhaps they will think of the repercussions of their actions in future.

Penalty! Improper labelling!

Oh, but who is this ne'er-do-well, this rapscallion, this tearaway? Why, it is none other than the Snowlord himself!! You can find the offending post here if you are curious.

And with that out of the way, on to the more positive news of the current scores. We have quite a few more points on the scoreboard, but no-one in double figures yet. Get those brushes working everyone.
A question was asked on a post by IanS if he could score points for Napoleonic Line infantry and Light infantry from the same nation. Unfortunately, no. It is one point per army, even if they do have different uniforms.

Keep hunting those Squirrels folks, and don't forget to label your posts. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for an update, I'll jump to the double digits on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops! I hang my head in shame oh Squirrelfinder General. I will endeavour to do better. :) That gaff aside, thank you for the Squirrel update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow card! Good luck with the squirrel hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squirrels are proper bastards, and I know, because I just paid some guy a wad of cash to evict them from my attic. I'll bet you lot would have done it for less. :)

    ReplyDelete