Tuesday 29 March 2022

From Kerry T - My first ever challenge- a Wrap up

 Morning, afternoon & evening all

I figure using that greeting means that I'll get the time right in most places across the world as people come from such varied places and time zones.

I just want to reiterate my thanks to you all, particularly to Curt and the Minions and to those of you who were so encouraging in your comments. I don't think I've ever looked forward to painting so much and been so productive. I had a great time

This was my first challenge and I felt the need to catch up perhaps and try and get 12 units done as this was the 12th Challenge. I knew I would need to vary the units being painted to keep my interest going rather than try and knock off a big chunk of one period as I quickly get bored painting the same things. With my "oh look shiny" gene fault I had lots of things to chose from and really had no idea what I was going to paint from week to week. The P is for P....theme allowed me lots of latitude or options that I could chose on the fly as the whim took me. For example P is for Pointy sticks gave me several units and periods that would fit. It allowed me the ill disciplined and wandering brush that keeps me productive and allowed me to take part in the Squirrel side challenge though I still hadn't quite grasped the rules right until the very end!

So here we go

I'm not sure that showing you my ugly mug is such a good idea but at least I've managed to hide my fat gut behind the table


Never mind the 12 Ps, look at the mess in the background- I was going to play a GdeA Peninsular wargame until you lot kidnapped me and made me take part in the challenge


Pis for Peasants, Pious & Pointy Sticks

P is for Pike & Shot, Prancing & Parliament


P is for Polished, Perry Miniatures & Personality - some AB figures sneaked in here as well



P is for Plastic, Pagan & Posh - the Plastic allowed me to drop a squirrel bomb


P is for Pestilence
This was an extra post allowed by a few days off work with a cough but I tried to keep to my P theme with P is for Pandours, Prussian & Palestine in this second squirrel bomb.

I did count them all up but I've since forgotten the total and there's no way I'm taking my shoes and socks of again and restarting the count.
I've not been idle since the challenge finished, I've managed to convert 2 of the Squirrels into full units - The Russian Napoleonic unit is now 32 figures strong and the Prussian Grenadiers are now 24 in total and awaiting basing. Next week I hope to finish of the few remaining WW1 British and Arabs that without the challenge would never has happened.

Next year I hope to be back and next time will get off my backside and have more of a wander, I spent the whole 3 months in Sarah's yacht, sitting at the bar eating your share of the peanuts and drinking the beer rather than exploring the planets. That's my only regret I think

Best wishes and thanks to you all and I hope to see more of you all on the net and here again next year. I hope to get to the UK next year for Partizan. I'm now off to play that Peninsular game



22 comments:

  1. That is a Potent (notice the P) output from your first Challenge, Kerry! The basic "rules" of the Challenge can be a bit tricky sometimes, squirrels and locations make it even trickier, so I understand you were a bit lost. But the paint was not lost, it very nicely found it's target and you have now lots of beautufil units to play with! See you in December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very impressive table of figures there Kerry -- really love all of the "P"eriods represented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be Particularly Proud of your Premiere Performance in the Challenge, Kerry! You certainly had a fantastic output - well done! See you again in December... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic output, quality and variety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Kerry. That is quite a host you have there. Plus a great looking gaming table. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top challenge, you've painted loads of good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Persistent perseverance prompted particularly prominent participant painting performance! A fantastic first Challenge and a wonderful variety of squirrely projects! Very much looking first to seeing you again next year, Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was always a surprise to see what you were going to create to fit into your ‘P’ theme with each submission. I looked forward to each one and was never disappointed! While I was sorry that you weren’t well, it was terrific to get the bonus Pestilence post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fellow first timer!
    Kudos for continuing to paint after the challenge ended. I too need to do that but have not been able to. Not only do I have left over stuff form the challenge but also stuff that was put aside when the challenge began!
    Always admire those who do historical figures & multi based stands most of my stuff is at best semi historical and skirmish.
    Very nice collection of figures painted for the challenge, very well done!
    Also love the prolific Peninsula scenery in the background, would love to play on that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your mind comments

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work Kerry and a great Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a terrific last post, Kerry. I'm delighted you had such a good time with your first Challenge outing. It was a real treat to have you with us, showing us your talented brushwork and lovely models (and your wonderful game room). Enjoy your autumn and winter and we'll hopefully see you for Challenge XIII.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab stuff Kerry - you knocked it out of the park in your first Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. topnotch Kerry, thanks for sharing your little pieces of art with us!
    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect! What a great debut. Well done and hope to see you again for Challenge XIII.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great output there Kerry, love your gaming table and hobby room too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous work I must say, purfect!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  18. Splendid output,lovely work sorry I'm out of puns!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete