Saturday 18 February 2023

From MartijnN: Württemberg Jäger and foot artillery (60 points)

Now I seem have painted myself into a corner here. From my present location, Books, I can only go to the Director's Chair (not yet), or to either Black & White or Western, both locations I have already visited. And thanks to me foolishly spending my last female figure on a totally unnecessary ride from High Adventure to Western I have no fee ready to pay for Sarah's limousine. So the only thing to do is trace back my steps to Western and start earning come cash for my next destination, I guess... 



Still I have been painting and today I have some more Napoleonic Württembergers. Yup, more Germans.These are again the fantastic Piano Wargames miniatures, printed on my 3D printer. There are six Jäger and a foot artillery howitzer. I played my first Sharp Practice game a few weeks ago, using a friend's figures, and it was great fun. Six skirmishers make up a unit in Sharp Practice, and the howitzer will also come in handy. The figures were a joy to paint and I am quite happy with them. Some more infantry and a cavalry regiment and I'm all set to field my own force.








As I have submitted Württembergers before I cannot claim a squirrel; also, as I am not visiting a new studio there is no map.

Points:

10 28mm @ 5 points = 50 points

1 28mm artillery piece @ 10 points = 10 points

Total: 60 points


My understanding of the Studio is that you can pass back through an already visited location without having to paint anything, (See point 5 here) so you can access most of the studio lots except for 1980's and Arthouse. That said, these Württembergers look great and you are making some real progress on your Sharp Practice force.

21 comments:

  1. Nice work, Martijn! :)
    As Stuart says, you can backtrack through studios you've already done without having to paint anything for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. Yes, that’ll make my next step easier!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic Martin, I also have some piano printing to do, how do you find the size that you printed them? Did you increase the scale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No, I printed them just as they are. However, I have no other makes to compare them to. But I have seen comparison photos, either on their website or Facebook, and they seem to be compatible with other brands.

      Delete
  3. Great looking Württembergers, Martijn. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! Would love to see some closer-up photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dallas, no you won’t. Don’t look at the man behind the curtain and the like. But you should be able to zoom in should you feel the urge nevertheless.

      Delete
  5. Lovely Wurttembergers. I second the vote on close ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter. But I don’t think so, it would mercilessly show all my many little mistakes and cut corners 😉

      Delete
  6. Nice brushwork, Martjin! I really like those Jaegers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid looking Wurttembergers! They look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really good Martijn how many do you intend printing altogether for an army?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For the time being I’ll go for an infantry regiment of 3 companies and a grenadier company (24 figs), two companies of light infantry (16), the Jäger (6), a regiment of cheveaux-legers (8) and two guns. I’ll probably add another infantry regiment later. First some Austrians!

      Delete
  9. Excellent figures and project. I too really enjoy Sharp Practice and the ability to paint differing small units and get them on the table. These are ace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce, yes I really like the game, and the fun scenarios.

      Delete