Saturday 18 February 2023

From Barks: Seraphim and Cherubim (and skullz, oh my) (40 points)

Finally, I've painted some skullz! Here are some more Sisters of Battle to accompany my little force from last year. These are Seraphim, jump pack assault troops. They're intricately fiddly to paint, but do look rather nifty.


I'm undecided on the flight stands. They look cool, but I don't feel they have a strong attachment to the model. They leave the rest of the base a bit bare, so I added some greebles from Imitation of Life. There is a big washer beneath each base to add heft and drop the centre of gravity.


The Seraphim Superior's purity seal is a wax rose!




I took the opportunity to paint some cherubim, which are vat-grown bio-constructs designed to look like babies. No truth to the rumour they are lobotomised infants, no. These cherubim are carrying ammunition canisters and a censer. At some point I may add more details to their scrolls.




Definitely Churchillian
8x 28mm models (40 points)

Importantly, these should push me beyond 10 000 total Challenge points!

Even more importanter, the Skull-o-meter™detects 29 skullz.

Nothing like a handful of 40K minis to generate a mass of skullz. These figures all look great, I like the rather subdued palette with the occasional splash of colour, it really suits the models. The Cherubim are one of those grimdark parts of the setting that crop up in a lot of artwork, so seeing them on the table always adds that little bit of extra flavour to a game.

30 comments:

  1. Lovely work here Barks. Great idea with the washer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they'd be quite unwieldy otherise.

      Delete
  2. They are fabulous Barks

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking minis, Barks. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great stuff here Barks! Loving those Sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a few more, but my rate is so slow!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful looking Seraphim, Barks. I really like the spooky Cherubim as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for getting me started last year!

      Delete
  6. Great stuff. Those not babies are warped

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, Barks! I like the difference in the white armor to the corsets and cloth, that is a very nice subtle touch with judicious spot color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing, it breaks it up a little!

      Delete
  8. Splendid looking seraphim and cherubim!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb job on those Barks, the white is so well done and that's not easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- Contrast Apothecary White is a great tool!

      Delete
  10. Great brushwork, Barks, I love the seraphim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want to see them zipping about the tabletop.

      Delete
  11. Great work on the white Barks. These are excellent. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic stuff - brilliant basing to really showcase the great painting on the figures.
    Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a balance between bland and distracting!

      Delete
  13. Fine work Barks. I must say, these new GW flying bases look to be awful, but your results are excellent, great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the curve, but the strength of the attachment is my main concern.

      Delete